Carrezola made immediate impact in UConn's season opener (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Carrezola made immediate impact in UConn's season opener (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good to see some impact players emerging. Always a key to having a good season. They will be making the big plays the turn momentum at critical points.

Reaction Score
I don't remember anyone mentioned him as a breakout player prior to the season but he's definately off to a great start. Reminds me of Lutrus.

Reaction Score
I've gotten through the first half of the Nova game, the other guy who reall stood out was Foley Fatukasi. It is too bad about the bonehead play he made to get suspended. He ragged dolled one of their OGs so bad on one play it was embarrassing. Overall the Dline play was stellar. This team has come a long way from the team that was dominated on both lines against Towson.

Posted this before reading the link, Foley's play was also noted in that article but he was really, really impressive.

Reaction Score
I like the Lutrus comparison. They both do what they have to do to get it done.

Reaction Score
And in another shocking development Connecticut HS players make impact plays in a real game.

Reaction Score
Lost me?

Some have implied they are consistently overrated. I think we've had some good or very good results and some disappointing ones not unlike other regions.

Reaction Score
Some have implied they are consistently overrated. I think we've had some good or very good results and some disappointing ones not unlike other regions.

Ahh, so you were referring to Lutrus? I was trying to figure out how that comment fit into an article about a kid from PA?

Reaction Score
Ahh, so you were referring to Lutrus? I was trying to figure out how that comment fit into an article about a kid from PA?

Doesn't. Just had Myers and Newsome in my brain. Still outstanding game by Carrezola.

Reaction Score
I don't remember anyone mentioned him as a breakout player prior to the season but he's definately off to a great start. Reminds me of Lutrus.

Could be semantics but might be because he broke out as a freshman before he was lost to season ending injury last year, so really it's more of a comeback than a breakout for everyone who saw what his impact could be from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom