Caron Butler | The Boneyard

Caron Butler

Reaction Score
Love Caron - his life story is amazing.
As far as Calhoun - my nephew coached HS basketball in metro NY. He said some coaches, mentioned Huggins specifically, flashed cash - never saw Calhoun do anything close. He did say Calhoun would talk negatively about other programs while telling kids what he and UConn could do for them.

Reaction Score
As far as Calhoun - my nephew coached HS basketball in metro NY. He said some coaches, mentioned Huggins specifically, flashed cash - never saw Calhoun do anything close. He did say Calhoun would talk negatively about other programs while telling kids what he and UConn could do for them.
Did he mention cash flashing?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
that maryland team...wow Caron played fearrles.
True, that's why he shouldn't have sat for so long after he got two fouls. Cost us the game.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

I was good friends with a player on UConn's 06-10 team and I asked him about his recruitment to UConn and why he chose us over all the other schools. He specifically said it was Calhoun recruited differently. He named multiple coaches who sat in front of him and his mom and flat out offered money. Good to hear this was not our go to recruiting tool.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still remember how emotional Caron was at JC's HoF induction. I recall Donny interviewing him after the ceremony saying "We all know you're coach's favorite."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom