OT: Caron Butler signs $24MM for 3 year deal....congrats! | The Boneyard

OT: Caron Butler signs $24MM for 3 year deal....congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Caron just signed a 3 year, $24MM deal with the LA Clippers. He is one of my favorite former Huskies and is one of the most under-rated players in the NBA. The Clippers have a nice young core of players (Griffin, Gordon, etc), so hopefully the Clips keep everyone together and Caron gets to compete every year in the playoffs!

Congrats Caron...well deserved!

caw

Reaction Score
He sure will ifButler plays poorly, considering he goes to clipper games.

Reaction Score
I just hope he stays healthy; AND, gets to stay here for the rest of his career. I agree with you that Caron is a favorite. In fact, for me, he's just a VERY small distance behind Ray as my all-time favorite Husky. Good luck Caron! Nobody deserves it more than you.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE CRIMSON!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Congrats Caron. Great guy who deserves this.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's pretty cheap. Although I don't know what the market looks like at this point. I'm imagining Caron wanted to go to a winning team and wasn't looking for top dollar. (Amazingly, that includes the Clippers.)

Reaction Score
Very nice! better than Minnesota I will admit (they were also gunning for Butler), now he can get more revenge on the Lakers!

Caron is also going to be the first Husky ever, to play on the Clippers (for those that are thinking he isn't, Doron Sheffer was drafted from the Clippers but never played a game, so Caron will have the honor instead :)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Very nice! better than Minnesota I will admit (they were also gunning for Butler), now he can get more revenge on the Lakers!

Caron is also going to be the first Husky ever, to play on the Clippers (for those that are thinking he isn't, Doron Sheffer was drafted from the Clippers but never played a game, so Caron will have the honor instead :)

True, I think. Honorable mention also to Keith Closs, CCSU legend.

Reaction Score
10 years in the NBA and a lot of money later I wonder if that bullet is still lodged in his knee. :)

Reaction Score
The Clippers have a nice young core of players (Griffin, Gordon, etc), so hopefully the Clips keep everyone together and Caron gets to compete every year in the playoffs!

Glad for Caron, one of my favorite Husky alums. But Sterling is one of the worst owners in the league. The Clippers have a bushel of top draft picks over the years with very limited success.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Rumors of Chris Paul now landing in LA witout having to give up Eric Gordon.

A starting lineup of PG Paul, SG Gordon, SF Butler, PF Griffin, C Jordan is a very good lineup and a very young lineup to grow with. That could be a very good situation for Butler and one in which the Clippers could actually be a contender in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
Rumors of Chris Paul now landing in LA witout having to give up Eric Gordon.

A starting lineup of PG Paul, SG Gordon, SF Butler, PF Griffin, C Jordan is a very good lineup and a very young lineup to grow with. That could be a very good situation for Butler and one in which the Clippers could actually be a contender in a couple of years.

Where do you see the Clippers getting Chris Paul without giving up Eric Gordon? I'm pretty sure the whole deal is surrounding Gordon

Reaction Score
Where do you see the Clippers getting Chris Paul without giving up Eric Gordon? I'm pretty sure the whole deal is surrounding Gordon
They also have Minnesota's #1 pick unprotected. NO wants one of those. It's a tough choice (this class is really good if everyone comes out as we think). We all assume Minny is going to stink, and if they do, that pick unprotected may be better than Gordon. NO may want to have a bad season and have a two shots to win the lottery.

Reaction Score
Rumors are the deal is almost dead because the NBA is insisting on both Erics(Gordon & Bledsoe) being included in the deal with Kama, Aminu & the MN pick. Something that was pointed out on another board that I frequent is that CP3 is an NBA players association exec, I wonder if this is case of Stern getting some getback in this situation, it wouldn't surprise me.

Reaction Score
The NBA really should have allowed the Laker's trade. Undercutting their GM is ridiculous, and asking for all these in return for Paul is absurd.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Rumors are the deal is almost dead because the NBA is insisting on both Erics(Gordon & Bledsoe) being included in the deal with Kama, Aminu & the MN pick. Something that was pointed out on another board that I frequent is that CP3 is an NBA players association exec, I wonder if this is case of Stern getting some getback in this situation, it wouldn't surprise me.

If the NBA blocks this deal as well, there is a very real possibility that the NBAPA and Paul may take legal action. That is the last thing the NBA needs/wants.

Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom