Caroline Update: Shooting without jumping much | The Boneyard

Caroline Update: Shooting without jumping much

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Being ready to play MENTALLY is half the battle. Where the mind takes you, the body will follow. Ducharme impresses me too. A grounded no non-sense young lady who has a vision and a personal attainable goals in sight.

I commented on 3 prior occasions here that I think Caroline is the key to UConn’s success this year. The consensus is that Azzi will enter the season healthy and having a year of experience under her belt, should be ready to lead this team. I read an article here that said with Paige going down, this is now Azzi’s team.

Like it or not, the spotlight is now squarely on her. She can’t carry this team alone. She MUST have a “Robin.” Someone dependable that will show up every game and help carry the scoring load. Ducharme CAN carry that load. Consistency is key this year for UConn’s core players. If they can play with it, they should be fine.

The Huskies will be tested early and often once the season begins. The incoming new players that have not established themselves at this level yet need to do so, as do returning players DeBerry and Griffin. Personally, I think there is a great player inside of both of them struggling to break out. Any success this team has this year will be a team effort.

Right now the roster sets at ten players. I have a feeling Geno will add one more before school starts in 2 weeks. Every team on UConn’s schedule improved its roster over the summer. The rich got richer through the portal and are now even more formidable than ever. Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Texas will be early season measuring sticks for us. Geno will know by the holiday break exactly what kind of team he has this year.

Reaction Score
I read an article here that said with Paige going down, this is now Azzi’s team…. Like it or not, the spotlight is now squarely on her. She can’t carry this team alone. She MUST have a “Robin.” Someone dependable that will show up every game and help carry the scoring load. Ducharme CAN carry that load.
I wonder if we’ll see the two of them average 20 pts this year.

Reaction Score
Just being on UCONN'S team is plenty of pressure by itself without adding the pressure of high expectations on top of it. All UCONN players have exceptional abilities or they would not be there. You can think whatever you want, but save the vocals for now. The season has not even started and already the Pundits are pressuring these excellent players with more pressure. All the players know what they have to do. Let them concentrate on practicing and team cohesion. When the season begins and there is some actions to be addressed is the time for pressure. ai have faith they will know what has to be done! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I don’t think that’s how these girls think. They’re looking for challenges. They thrive on it.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Just being on UCONN'S team is plenty of pressure by itself without adding the pressure of high expectations on top of it. All UCONN players have exceptional abilities or they would not be there. You can think whatever you want, but save the vocals for now. The season has not even started and already the Pundits are pressuring these excellent players with more pressure. All the players know what they have to do. Let them concentrate on practicing and team cohesion. When the season begins and there is some actions to be addressed is the time for pressure. ai have faith they will know what has to be done! GO HUSKIES!!!
You are assuming that UConn players read the Boneyard. That is your first and biggest mistake. The only people who are disappointed when unrealistic expectations go unfulfilled are the posters who made those predictions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom