Caroline Ducharme? | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

1.February 9, 2022: Coach Geno Auriemma said Sunday that Ducharme had taken some “solid hits” to the head a couple times in previous games and wasn’t feeling well, so they held her out as a precaution. He said at the time that she had been through testing but that she didn’t have a concussion.

2. November 2022
Ducharme sits out both of UConn’s exhibition and season opener due to neck stiffness.

3. Ducharme suffers a concussion during practice on Jan. 2. She’ll miss at least two games as of Jan. 4.

Above: Various press accounts of Caroline's head and neck injuries 22/23

Various recent studies have concluded that that if you had one or more concussions it is more likely that you will have additional ones if you are competing.

It is possible that this is her first and will be non-recurring. The above press reports are not encouraging in this regard

Reaction Score
I don't recall that a statement said she "suffered a concussion". I remember an injury happening in practice, and her being in concussion protocol but that doesn't necessarily mean she has/had a concussion.
Last year the same thing happened and Geno denied her ever having a concussion.
Was there a positive diagnosis announced in January I missed?

Reaction Score
When I first seen videos of Caroline's shooting ability, I thought she was going to have a brilliant career at UCONN for 4 years, Her freshman year said she was, like Katie Lou. Then 2/3 rd into the season she had the concussion. Caroline has not had a good start in her sophomore year to date. I'm still praying that she will get finally to her freshman year and do what I believe she can do,be great. With her talent and skill she can and will be back, GO CAROLINE!!! GU HUSKIES!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As much as I hate discussing any player's medical issues (because it is always pure speculation), in her last game this season, she she caught an elbow to the side of her head (no foul was called) and when she went to the bench, she had an ice pack on the spot. She allegedly has been using ice packs during other games that she has played in. I am guessing that the elbow is the reason for her being in the protocol now.
As has been posted before, we should not expect "medical updates" for any player. When she returns to practice, pregame shoot around and warmup, I am guessing that it will be tweeted by members of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom