Caroline Ducharme: St. John’s Highlights | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme: St. John’s Highlights

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And I thought Paige put Correa through a blender last year. Caroline royally abused her. Meghan was going through what the St, Johns coach would do with the UConn players and when it got to Caroline, it was just hope for the best.

sun

Reaction Score
I'm glad to see her using the inside & 2 point game.
The highlights show that she's very light & quick on her feet.

Reaction Score
she's a perfect example of a player who's never going to be the fastest or most athletic but is so fundamentally sound that it really doesn't matter...........looking forward to seeing her share the court with Azzi Fudd who is also textbook perfect in areas of her game too....

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
she's a perfect example of a player who's never going to be the fastest or most athletic but is so fundamentally sound that it really doesn't matter...........looking forward to seeing her share the court with Azzi Fudd who is also textbook perfect in areas of her game too....
No big surprise she wears 33, the epitome of never going to be the fastest or most athletic but is fundamentally sound and has a really high BB IQ.

sun

Reaction Score
An interesting fact is that players wearing jersey #33 have won the most MVP awards in NBA history with 9.
The article below concludes that based on certain criterion including NBA championships and other awards, that jersey #33 is the greatest number in NBA history.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
yes she is very "Birdlike".........
My memory actually worked! I recalled a July 15th Courant article where Caroline said this:
“Larry Bird,” Ducharme said. “I think the way he affected so many parts of the game. He’s really smart, he knows how to play the game. He was never the most athletic, never the strongest, but he knew how to play the game.”

So, is there any Bird in Ducharme’s game?

“I mean, I hope so,” she said with a laugh. “I wouldn’t say I model my game after anyone in particular, but I try to take little things from different people. I’ve watched his film and stuff like that, so I hope so.”

Reaction Score
CD has been great.

She is being counted on to score and that is a lot different than being the third option. She looks to score and you can see that her mistakes are become a little less frequent. I am really impressed with her midrange game - she hit several of these in the game. She tires the defense out since they have to guard her from 3 pt but cant quite sell out on that bc she can get by you with her skill and length, then stop and pop or get to the hole and/or dish. Terrific player. Can't wait to see her when she starts hitting threes. She has a great compact form so it's just a bit too fast at times for her so her muscle memory is slightly off. But, I really believe that is the easy part, having the midrange game and the presence of mind she has, incorporating a floater as well, that is much more difficult. For example imagine if CW had all that with her strength and quickness. CD is a tough cover and yes, has some LB in her.

Really good player and doing it with teams concentrating on her and this is what 15 games into her freshman year. Now, I do want to see it against top teams. I am a bit worried she may not be as effective due to her athletic limitations, but I am not counting her out...no way. She will score and help us and when we get PB and company back, she can settle into the third option and kill teams for helping out on PB, CW or or being a bit slow on the switch.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
CD has been great.
Really good player and doing it with teams concentrating on her and this is what 15 games into her freshman year. Now, I do want to see it against top teams. I am a bit worried she may not be as effective due to her athletic limitations, but I am not counting her out...no way.
People probably said the same thing about Larry Bird in a relative manner.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
CD has been great.

She is being counted on to score and that is a lot different than being the third option. She looks to score and you can see that her mistakes are become a little less frequent. I am really impressed with her midrange game - she hit several of these in the game. She tires the defense out since they have to guard her from 3 pt but cant quite sell out on that bc she can get by you with her skill and length, then stop and pop or get to the hole and/or dish. Terrific player. Can't wait to see her when she starts hitting threes. She has a great compact form so it's just a bit too fast at times for her so her muscle memory is slightly off. But, I really believe that is the easy part, having the midrange game and the presence of mind she has, incorporating a floater as well, that is much more difficult. For example imagine if CW had all that with her strength and quickness. CD is a tough cover and yes, has some LB in her.

Really good player and doing it with teams concentrating on her and this is what 15 games into her freshman year. Now, I do want to see it against top teams. I am a bit worried she may not be as effective due to her athletic limitations, but I am not counting her out...no way. She will score and help us and when we get PB and company back, she can settle into the third option and kill teams for helping out on PB, CW or or being a bit slow on the switch.
Give us a break! Athletic limitations? She's an 18 or 19yo college freshman who has exceeded our expectations. Besides, every athlete has limitations as do some BYers and everyone else in the world. Jeesh.

Reaction Score
yes they did and if we have anywhere even close to a similar result, CD will be great!

Reaction Score
CD has been great.

She had 24 points and 8 rebounds against #5 Louisville and she just had 22 points against Oregon. So I don't get what you mean by you want to see her do it against top teams when she already did.

Reaction Score
Give us a break! Athletic limitations? She's an 18 or 19yo college freshman who has exceeded our expectations. Besides, every athlete has limitations as do some BYers and everyone else in the world. Jeesh.
you took away that from all that i wrote? wow...get a grip on yourself mate!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
you took away that from all that i wrote? wow...get a grip on yourself mate!
Yes that was my take away because there was no real reason for you including it in your post. The same thing could be posted about every athlete. But for some reason you felt like you had to state the obvious (excluding your "against top teams ", see post #15 above).

Reaction Score
Yes that was my take away because there was no real reason for you including it in your post. The same thing could be posted about every athlete. But for some reason you felt like you had to state the obvious (excluding your "against top teams ", see post #15 above).
i post how i feel to post and i dont need to ask your permission. my praise of CD has been glowing. grow up!

Reaction Score
She had 24 points and 8 rebounds against #5 Louisville and she just had 22 points against Oregon. So I don't get what you mean by you want to see her do it against top teams when she already did.
those two cant hold a candle to SC, which is really who I am pointed at. She played well against Louisville overall and I am sure I said that in the post game thread. She did shoot poorly from 3 point land, and her defense needed to improve. Against Oregon, I essentially had the same to say although IIRC, she has a few too many TOs as well. Keep in mind that Oregon is not even ranked (therefore can't be a top team), but they are certainly better than their ranking.

Let me be very clear and hopefully you can take more positives out of this, instead of cherry picking a couple of words:

CD has been fantastic when you consider she is 15 games into her freshman year and has done it without some bigtime players. She is being forced to score and is doing a good job of it, although her outside shooting is not where it needs to be, but this is the least of my worries with her and my worries are very very few. She may have trouble playing defense against quicker, stronger teams, a little slow to guard a quick player and a little soft to guard a strong player. But she has certainly improved on it throughout the year.

If you think she will hang 20 on SC, while shooting for a high percentage and playing tough Defense, well, I hope you are right and then this probably makes her a first team AA.

There are many players who have had great games against a lot of teams (even top teams) and then can't do it against the very top teams. I think against some top teams, especially SC, who really is all that matters, since we will need to beat them to win it all, I do think she will find it much harder to score....but we will have some of our better players back and she can settle into a third option role which I think could be a dagger against teams if she hits her threes (I think I used 'killer' in another post).

So far, she has been fantastic and hope she can do it and continue to do it against the best teams in the nation.

Reaction Score
CD has been great.

Did you see her against Louisville 24pts 10-20 8 rebounds

sun

Reaction Score
If you think she will hang 20 on SC, while shooting for a high percentage and playing tough Defense, well, I hope you are right and then this probably makes her a first team AA.
Caitlin Clark was the top scorer in the nation last year and didn't make 1st team AA, but she did make 2nd team.

Reaction Score
those two cant hold a candle to SC, which is really who I am pointed at. She played well against Louisville overall and I am sure I said that in the post game thread. She did shoot poorly from 3 point land, and her defense needed to improve. Against Oregon, I essentially had the same to say although IIRC, she has a few too many TOs as well. Keep in mind that Oregon is not even ranked (therefore can't be a top team), but they are certainly better than their ranking.

Let me be very clear and hopefully you can take more positives out of this, instead of cherry picking a couple of words:

CD has been fantastic when you consider she is 15 games into her freshman year and has done it without some bigtime players. She is being forced to score and is doing a good job of it, although her outside shooting is not where it needs to be, but this is the least of my worries with her and my worries are very very few. She may have trouble playing defense against quicker, stronger teams, a little slow to guard a quick player and a little soft to guard a strong player. But she has certainly improved on it throughout the year.

There are many players who have had great games against a lot of teams (even top teams) and then can't do it against the very top teams. I think against some top teams, especially SC, who really is all that matters, since we will need to beat them to win it all, I do think she will find it much harder to score....but we will have some of our better players back and she can settle into a third option role which I think could be a dagger against teams if she hits her threes (I think I used 'killer' in another post).

So far, she has been fantastic and hope she can do it and continue to do it against the best teams in the nation.
So why didn't you just say SC instead of top teams? It seems like you think only SC is a top team in the country. If a top 5 team isn't one of the top teams in the country then I don't know what else to say.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom