Caroline Ducharme- one cool customer | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme- one cool customer

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So on the thread Azzi announcing 11 AM, our noted colleague @pvdoggy posted a comment #18 with an embedded thread containing a radio interview Caroline did in Las Vegas on Monday(?) on the “Unnamed Sports Show”. Doggy was particularly interested in the question Caroline Ducharme was asked about her fellow recruits for 2021 and without batting an eye, she spoke glowingly of Amari and Saylor meanwhile she gave no hint of what then find out is her friendship with Azzi and the fact she surely knew what we now know. She was so impressive that PV bet the house that Azzi wasn’t coming to UConn (post #14), well maybe not the house but rumored to be a large some of apple, mince and pumpkin pies.

Where’s the poster who has that photo of these fine young ladies as recruits sitting together at a UConn game. Those smiles and camaraderie seem to belie a strong friendship that only now we realize, dopes that we are!

Like I said, Caroline is one cool customer. Who knew? :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ILLEA2EFIZAM3IUB2ZJ5HPBDUY.jpg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
...and BTW besides PV, I have also noted @Centerstream @soxfan23 @augustaTC @bluedevil @Ricker all were doubting Thomas’s...for shame on you, for shame!:oops:
I don't know why you posted that I was a doubting Thomas. I don't remember posting my opinion on where any recruit was going to commit to. I did post a few times on the number of Azzi threads and posts that appeared to be popping up almost daily during this offseason.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I don't know why you posted that I was a doubting Thomas. I don't remember posting my opinion on where any recruit was going to commit to. I did post a few times on the number of Azzi threads and posts that appeared to be popping up almost daily during this offseason.
Age gets the better of all us sometimes so let me refresh your post-go the thread "Azzi Announces tomorrow 11AM" (page 2 of main page), post #14 to which PVDoggy says "I would be very surprised if she picks Uconn." to which you and that company that you keep, all proceed to hit "Like" so yes, you commented on it. Why would you "like" it if you disagreed? Just sayin, now you're suspect... :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Age gets the better of all us sometimes so let me refresh your post-go the thread "Azzi Announces tomorrow 11AM" (page 2 of main page), post #14 to which PVDoggy says "I would be very surprised if she picks Uconn." to which you and that company that you keep, all proceed to hit "Like" so yes, you commented on it. Why would you "like" it if you disagreed? Just sayin, now you're suspect... :rolleyes:
Sorry, a "Like" is not a comment.
AMF.

Reaction Score
Sorry, a "Like" is not a comment.
AMF.
Not an attack, just a comment. A like on a forum of this type is very much a comment. It states the issuer agrees with the comment liked with out dialog that mods have to screen and approve of.
As for your sign off with DefensiveBB, well he or she invites snark so you done good and then some in your eyes. We'll see if the mod's let that ride. A tad more than a dislike. :)

Reaction Score
All I can say is, every time I watch Caroline play, I become more impressed! I am convinced that she is going to be a truly special player!

Reaction Score
Just for the record, if any photo of future recruits sitting together meant that they were coming to Uconn we would have eternal teams comprised of five starting All Americans. These young ladies have minds of their own and, along with input from their parents will make their own decisions. The young women we recruit are usually the leaders on their teams. While they may establish personal friendships with players from other teams I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt in their choice of schools thinking that it will be theirs alone.

Reaction Score
Defense, in all fairness I have many times posted a like on a post even though I might not have agreed with it. It might be that the writer posted some information I was not aware of prior to their post, or it could be that I admired his or her way of getting their point across. I don't define "like" as automatically being in agreement with the post. I do define it as having enjoyed or appreciated something that has been posted.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Defense, in all fairness I have many times posted a like on a post even though I might not have agreed with it. It might be that the writer posted some information I was not aware of prior to their post, or it could be that I admired his or her way of getting their point across. I don't define "like" as automatically being in agreement with the post. I do define it as having enjoyed or appreciated something that has been posted.
I hope you don't expect me to "Like" that comment then... ;)

Reaction Score
Actually, the rivalry appears to be over members of this board fawning over Bueckers and Fudd. I mean there are posters on here who appeared to take offense at the idea another player other than Bueckers could have influenced Fudd’s decision! Kind of embarrassing to me.
Both the young ladies seem to have things in much better perspective than some of their admirers do. And for the record, they both look to have the potential to be terrific, if not better than that, college players. But the fact remains neither have played a single college game yet and players peak at much different times. Not to mention the fragility of confidence (see Christyn Williams), injuries, both obvious and nagging, and a plethora of other factors which affect performance and development as players and people.
I wish them both the ultimate of success both on and off the court as they both carry themselves beautifully as people and certainly seem to be genuinely nice kids; but I would respectfully suggest to some who want to anoint them “generational”, they are just that, kids, still awaiting their first collegiate jump ball.
Littlemin, your post shows as much perspective as just about any I have ever seen here. Well put.

Reaction Score
Actually, the rivalry appears to be over members of this board fawning over Bueckers and Fudd. I mean there are posters on here who appeared to take offense at the idea another player other than Bueckers could have influenced Fudd’s decision! Kind of embarrassing to me.
Both the young ladies seem to have things in much better perspective than some of their admirers do. And for the record, they both look to have the potential to be terrific, if not better than that, college players. But the fact remains neither have played a single college game yet and players peak at much different times. Not to mention the fragility of confidence (see Christyn Williams), injuries, both obvious and nagging, and a plethora of other factors which affect performance and development as players and people.
I wish them both the ultimate of success both on and off the court as they both carry themselves beautifully as people and certainly seem to be genuinely nice kids; but I would respectfully suggest to some who want to anoint them “generational”, they are just that, kids, still awaiting their first collegiate jump ball.

There's a lot of truth there but sometimes an athlete comes along and you just know. I felt that with Tiger Woods and I also felt it watching Bueckers. Her coaches and even the media are staying low key before the season but Geno was quoted last winter as saying that "next year, when we have won the championship, I will be telling you that Bueckers was the reason". The Geno then and the Geno now difference is obvious. I guess I'm like Geno then.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of truth there but sometimes an athlete comes along and you just know. I felt that with Tiger Woods and I also felt it watching Bueckers. Her coaches and even the media are staying low key before the season but Geno was quoted last winter as saying that "next year, when we have won the championship, I will be telling you that Bueckers was the reason". The Geno then and the Geno now difference is obvious. I guess I'm like Geno then.

Feeling it is one thing, but it doesn’t make it so. The beauty of sports is that you don’t KNOW and the sports pages through the years are littered with can‘t miss players who did, including some considered greats who didn’t realize their full potential for one reason or another. My idol as a young boy, Mickey Mantle, might have put records out of sight for all time if not for injuries and personal demons which led to his drinking problems. Brianna Stewart is a generational player because of her body of work, not because she was a “generational” recruit. I will wait to see a body of work before I use some of the accolades some posters seem intent on insisting attaching to these young players.
As for Geno, I would have to see him speak, not read, any quote because his tongue is very often firmly in his cheek. And if you quoted accurately and he was serious, I would disagree.

Reaction Score
Feeling it is one thing, but it doesn’t make it so. The beauty of sports is that you don’t KNOW and the sports pages through the years are littered with can‘t miss players who did, including some considered greats who didn’t realize their full potential for one reason or another. My idol as a young boy, Mickey Mantle, might have put records out of sight for all time if not for injuries and personal demons which led to his drinking problems. Brianna Stewart is a generational player because of her body of work, not because she was a “generational” recruit. I will wait to see a body of work before I use some of the accolades some posters seem intent on insisting attaching to these young players.
As for Geno, I would have to see him speak, not read, any quote because his tongue is very often firmly in his cheek. And if you quoted accurately and he was serious, I would disagree.

We disagree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom