Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wow, And she is only in High School. Unbelievable talent that i have never seen from a High School junior. Can't wait to see her in a Uconn uniform . She is tough and a hustler that this team needs so bad.
Have you hear of Azzi Fudd?

Reaction Score
You sound mad that they left. I don't think Caroline will be running circles around credible DI defender and Lexi Gordon and Courtney Ekmark were not credible D1 defenders. For Caroline that player will be Saylor. I think/hope Caroline will be a nice contributing player for UCONN but people are getting carried away with their expectations. At what point do you project Caroline becoming a starter for UCONN?

I'm not sure if she will ever be a starter but if she ends up as a bench player I'd like to think that she can contribute significantly on the offensive end which isn't always easy to find.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if she will ever be a starter but if she ends up as a bench player I'd like to think that she can contribute significantly on the offensive end which isn't always easy to find.........
Finally an expectation that will most likely match the reality.

Reaction Score
CocoHusky, you and the other naysayers are criticizing a high school junior. Caroline is 16, maybe 17. You are way off base on her ability, and I will be waiting for when she proves it, which won't be long.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CocoHusky, you and the other naysayers are criticizing a high school junior. Caroline is 16, maybe 17. You are way off base on her ability, and I will be waiting for when she proves it, which won't be long.
You and the other haysayers are setting expectations and making comparisons for Caroline that are far far beyond her demonstrated ability. It is those comparisons that I'm criticizing not her ability- don't get it twisted! You won't have to look far for me if Caroline happens to achieve your lofty expectations.

Reaction Score
Meaningless? Nah! Just the mere difference in the level of competition is very very meaningful.

Right!!!! And the level of competition definetly defines what a player will do at the next level. So you never saw a player from a small high school succeed at the college level nor a player from a small college succeed in the pros? And don’t pretend Bueckers played against superior high school competition having never left that absolute hotbed of high school basketball, Minnesota. And look, Bueckers is a terrific player, no question, but she basically played against inferior HS competition also, proven by the fact that Hopkins almost never was even remotely challenged.
I am not knocking Bueckers in the least, it is just funny to me that her HS tapes prove to many here she is the second coming while Ducharmes‘ is cause for you and others to discount her out of hand.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Right!!!! And the level of competition definetly defines what a player will do at the next level. So you never saw a player from a small high school succeed at the college level nor a player from a small college succeed in the pros? And don’t pretend Bueckers played against superior high school competition having never left that absolute hotbed of high school basketball, Minnesota. And look, Bueckers is a terrific player, no question, but she basically played against inferior HS competition also, proven by the fact that Hopkins almost never was even remotely challenged.
I am not knocking Bueckers in the least, it is just funny to me that her HS tapes prove to many here she is the second coming while Ducharmes‘ is cause for you and others to discount her out of hand.
The level of competition "partially" defines what a player will do at the next level. I don't have to pretend Paige played against superior competition compared to Caroline- Paige actually did. You are foolishly comparing a small private school conference to the entire state of Minnesota. There are no other DI prospects in the conference that Caroline played in this year or next. Paige on the other hand has played against several D1 prospects this season alone. Hopkins HS team was raked number 1 in the country for a very good reason and not entirely because of Paige. Hopkins was challenged plenty this year you should have watch a game before spouting off. There is also this thing called USA basketball, the last time Paige suited up she was named the MVP in a tournament which featured 2 (Boston & Howard) of the leading NCAA POY candidates this year. If you are that impressed by that Caroline highlight package and can't account for the difference in the level of competition try cleaning your VCR and re-watch the game.

1597007336318.png

Reaction Score
Does CD exodus club play against ti comp? How does she fair in AAU play?

Reaction Score
The level of competition "partially" defines what a player will do at the next level. I don't have to pretend Paige played against superior competition compared to Caroline- Paige actually did. You are foolishly comparing a small private school conference to the entire state of Minnesota. There are no other DI prospects in the conference that Caroline played in this year or next. Paige on the other hand has played against several D1 prospects this season alone. Hopkins HS team was raked number 1 in the country for a very good reason and not entirely because of Paige. Hopkins was challenged plenty this year you should have watch a game before spouting off. There is also this thing called USA basketball, the last time Paige suited up she was named the MVP in a tournament which featured 2 (Boston & Howard) of the leading NCAA POY candidates this year. If you are that impressed by that Caroline highlight package and can't account for the difference in the level of competition try cleaning your VCR and re-watch the game.

View attachment 57471
The ratings agencies have her in very different rankings. Blue star has her very high, prospects has her in the 20 or so and then hoopgurlz has her in the 30s. What ranking do you believe justifies her skill set or where do you think she should be ranked. Seems like she’s has very different opinions from recruiting services.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does CD exodus club play against ti comp? How does she fair in AAU play?
Exodus plays on EYBL circuit-best circuit. Caroline is doing very well at Exodus there is a ton of video of her doing good things over there.

Reaction Score
Exodus plays on EYBL circuit-best circuit. Caroline is doing very well at Exodus there is a ton of video of her doing good things over there.
Ok, just wondering because it seems like some are implying that she doesn’t have elite talent or am I reading thing wrong?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The ratings agencies have her in very different rankings. Blue star has her very high, prospects has her in the 20 or so and then hoopgurlz has her in the 30s. What ranking do you believe justifies her skill set or where do you think she should be ranked. Seems like she’s has very different opinions from recruiting services.
IMO Caroline is appropriately ranked and is a top 25-30 player in this class. As I have written before she is comparable to two former UCONN players that were ranked 29th and 30 in their respective classes-Courtney Ekmark & Lexi Gordon. Comparing her to KLS and Paige who were ranked CONSENSUS #1 in the class is an outlandish comparison and a sets unnecessary burdensome expectations. This is a class with some very talented wing/guards Caroline is among them but certainly not above them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ok, just wondering because it seems like some are implying that she doesn’t have elite talent or am I reading thing wrong?
You are not reading that wrong. I don't believe Caroline does anything at an elite level. I reserve elite for top 5 or 10 players in each class. I also don't believe she has to do something at an elite level to be a contributor at UCONN. This talk about her being a "ringer, surprise, secret weapon" is taking it to far.

Reaction Score
You are not reading that wrong. I don't believe Caroline does anything at an elite level. I reserve elite for top 5 or 10 players in each class. I also don't believe she has to do something at an elite level to be a contributor at UCONN. This talk about her being a "ringer, surprise, secret weapon" is taking it to far.
I’m calling her a ringer. If I’m correct we fans benefit.

Reaction Score
I respect your opinion.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme is/will be much better than Lexi or Courtney. Bank on it!
She's not. Courtney Exmark was considered the best shooter in her class by a rather large margin. There are at least 6 shooters of roughly the same size as Caroline that are considered better shooters in this class-(Brooke Demetre, Payton Verhulst, Sonia Citron, Greta Kampschroeder, Saylor Poffenbarger, & Jersey Wolfenbarger).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m calling her a ringer. If I’m correct we fans benefit.
Nah us fans don't matter. The only thing that matters is that Caroline has accepted the challenge of playing at UCONN and she is more than capable of meeting that challenge.

Reaction Score
She's not. Courtney Exmark was considered the best shooter in her class by a rather large margin. There are at least 6 shooters of roughly the same size as Caroline that are considered better shooters in this class-(Brooke Demetre, Payton Verhulst, Sonia Citron, Greta Kampschroeder, Saylor Poffenbarger, & Jersey Wolfenbarger).
We shall see.

Reaction Score
IMO Caroline is appropriately ranked and is a top 25-30 player in this class. As I have written before she is comparable to two former UCONN players that were ranked 29th and 30 in their respective classes-Courtney Ekmark & Lexi Gordon. Comparing her to KLS and Paige who were ranked CONSENSUS #1 in the class is an outlandish comparison and a sets unnecessary burdensome expectations. This is a class with some very talented wing/guards Caroline is among them but certainly not above them.
In my opinion, I'd say Caroline is in between your descriptions. I'd say in the high teens.

Reaction Score
I agree with most of this. However, I believe she’s quicker, more instinctive, a better ball handler and passer, and physically tougher than either of those two. Because of these traits and abilities I agree with you that she can thrive in UConn’s system. I value mental toughness and intangibles a lot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She is much better than Gordon or Ekmark.
Let's just make sure we are remembering correctly and not rejecting the comparison because we are disappointed that Lexi and Courtney decided to leave UCONN. We might also want to take into account Geno's opinion of Courtney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I am not sure whether Caroline will meet your definition of "elite," she likely will be part of an elite team. Geno has more resources than in many years and will be able to use her shooting and playmaking ability to open the floor for others. Defensively, she has the size and quickness to fit in nicely with UConn's defensive schemes. Few remember what a player was ranked in high school but we all remember the players that made up the championship teams.

Reaction Score
Let's just make sure we are remembering correctly and not rejecting the comparison because we are disappointed that Lexi and Courtney decided to leave UCONN. We might also want to take into account Geno opinion of Courtney.
And unfortunately Courtney could not move fast enough in the offense to get an open shot to show off that great shooting ability. She never was the same speed wise after her high school injury. Caroline doesn't appear to have that issue after her injury. Courtney was much more successful in the ASU slow half court offense and she got much fitter. Caroline is already in better shape than Courtney was at UConn. Who knows what would have happened for Courtney if she got that fit while still at UConn. The fitness question goes for Lexi too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom