Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video

Reaction Score
I’m a huge KLS fan as I am a SoCal local and followed her career from her days with swish and Edison HS. Nevertheless I’m still “wide eyed” for Caroline Ducharme. It will be her turn at UConn along with a list of what I hope are future stars! Let’s go!!! I hope she surpasses KSL (at UConn) as we all should.

Reaction Score
DE, I don't think he was trying to pit anyone against anyone. He was only voicing his assessment of what he believes she brings to the game.

Yea, but it's a "dry" 103. At least that's what my Uncle used to tell me. My response, I like a "dry" 72.
I had a burn from 15 years ago on my right hand around the wrist... from rubbing my sunscreen off reaching for tees and ball markers in 104* Las Vegas heat and sun. Still there... thanks LV.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Personally I believe the hoopgurlz type ranking systems really reward a player who has 1 big weapon. KLS's 3 ball was an amazing weapon as a high schooler. Caroline Ducharme doesn't have that weapon although she is a good shooter. I do think Caroline Ducharme is a bit more well rounded in other aspects of the game as a high schooler. I'm looking forward to see how that plays out over 4 years.
I disagree, from watching the videos of Caroline Ducharme she appears to have a 3 ball and it appears that her range is farther out then KLS's was in high school. I agree that she appears to have a more rounded game than KLS did in high school, and I'm a BIG KLS fan.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I disagree, from watching the videos of Caroline Ducharme she appears to have a 3 ball and it appears that her range is farther out then KLS's was in high school. I agree that she appears to have a more rounded game than KLS did in high school, and I'm a BIG KLS fan.
More range? No.
More well rounded? Definitely not
Rebounding, handles, passing, perimeter defender, ability to create her own shot, BB IQ all fall in KLS column. KLS did all of this against a much higher level of competition in HS, AAU, and USA Basketball. KLS was facing defenses designed to stop her since 10th grade and she still averaged 30PPG as a senior. Look at the highlight video for Caroline Ducharme and she is usually the tallest player on the floor and there are no other DI prospects playing defense. Lexi Gordon Courtney Ekmark are the players we should be comparing Caroline Ducharme to not KLS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
More range? No.
Rebounding, handles, passing, perimeter defender, ability to create her own shot, BBQ all fall in KLS column. KLS did all of this against a much higher level of competition in HS, AAU, and USA Basketball. KLS was facing defenses designed to stop her since 10th grade and she still averaged 30PPG as a senior. Look at the highlight video for Caroline Ducharme and she is usually the tallest player on the floor and there are no other DI prospects playing defense. Lexi Gordon Courtney Ekmark are the players we should be comparing Caroline Ducharme to not KLS.

Caroline Ducharme looks like a very good player, but the people who think she is an overall better player than Lou just has the "shiny newer toy" syndrome. The number of freshmen at Uconn who have played better than Lou in her freshman year is very small.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Regarding height, Caroline is at least 6'1" and probably closer to 6'2". The 5'11" figure is at least 2 years old.

Regarding her 3-point range, I want to attend a practice and see Caroline and Saylor challenge each other from 25-30'.
Can we get her up to about 1.1 Hartley Units? She'd be a pretty good stretch post.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Jeez - I posted the Video so that everyone could enjoy what a terrific player we are getting.

Now, the thread has turned into a bunch of one-uppers bickering as to how good she is going into her Senior year in high school as compared to KLS. What we do see in the film is a really standout player with NBA 3pt range, dominating in most aspects and against whatever competition is on the floor.

Some folks need to get real and get a life...

Reaction Score
Jeez - I posted the Video so that everyone could enjoy what a terrific player we are getting.

Now, the thread has turned into a bunch of one-uppers bickering as to how good she is going into her Senior year in high school as compared to KLS. What we do see in the film is a really standout player with NBA 3pt range, dominating in most aspects and against whatever competition is on the floor.

I ain’t bickering. I’m all in!! Caroline Ducharme or bust!

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

Caroline Ducharme is just beginning her senior year of high school.

She might eventually:

Be able to get to the basket easier.
Be more versatile.
Be a better on the ball defender.

Compare favorably as a rebounder.
Compare favorably as a leader and someone who responds positively to coaching.

Wish but probably will not be the passer or long range shooter that KLS was. (is)

I thought after watching the first couple of videos that Caroline Ducharme was a step slow. She can help a team in so many other ways that her apparent lack of speed can be overlooked.

You think she's slow. Wait till she gets to UConn and shows her quickness, her ability to pass, and in those videos, she couldn't have shot from any further unless she was outside the arena.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I don't think anyone is bickering or didn't enjoy the video. Have you ever watch a movie and didn't agree with someone opinion of it? Well that is exactly what is happening here. BTW "dominating in most aspects" against the competition I saw in this video is good. Can you name a UCONN recruit that didn't have equal of better highlights? Kyla Irwin anyone?

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is bickering or didn't enjoy the video. Have you ever watch a movie and didn't agree with someone opinion of it? Well that is exactly what is happening here. BTW "dominating in most aspects" against the competition I saw in this video is good. Can you name a UCONN recruit that didn't have equal of better highlights? Kyla Irwin anyone?

So then the borderline fanatical obsession with Bueckers high school videos is equally meaningless I assume.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I had a burn from 15 years ago on my right hand around the wrist... from rubbing my sunscreen off reaching for tees and ball markers in 104* Las Vegas heat and sun. Still there... thanks LV.
At least you proved the old slogan for Las Vegas "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", as being incorrect. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So then the borderline fanatical obsession with Bueckers high school videos is equally meaningless I assume.
Meaningless? Nah! Just the mere difference in the level of competition is very very meaningful.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Yup. In fact I rarely look at these tapes because I assume we will only see a boring repetition of made shots. Also, the good players often don’t have much challenge in hs games. But I looked at this one and was pretty impressed. Great first step, good ball handling, excellent agility, excellent footwork, good court vision, chased a play down and elevated to block a shot on the play and obvious range. With her driving ability. vision and range, she looks like she wouid be hard to guard for lots of opponents. She doesn’t have to be the star and with teammates like Bueckers and Company , she won’t be the focus.

Reaction Score
What impresses me the most about her is she can't be rushed and she is unflappable. OBTW @HuskyFan1125 those sources on height are out of date; she's 6'2".

Check out this video; really gives you a look at her game too.

Wow, And she is only in High School. Unbelievable talent that i have never seen from a High School junior. Can't wait to see her in a Uconn uniform . She is tough and a hustler that this team needs so bad.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey guys shes a junior in HS. Her future is in front of her not behind her. Shes not KLS shes CD. Lets see how she develops this season. She plays for CTK one of the top programs in the country. They have great coaching and develop their players. Stop focusing on all the things you think she cant do and focus on what she does well because Im sure Geno wouldnt have offered her if he thought she couldnt contribute. What she needs to improve on Im sure she will this season. Thats what the coaches at CTK do. They prepare you for D1 BB. Geno saw what she "can do" and likes it. If she has the drive and determination and we already knows shes coachable or she wouldnt be playing for CTK and she wouldnt have an offer from Geno if she didnt

Reaction Score
Hey guys shes a junior in HS. Her future is in front of her not behind her. Shes not KLS shes CD. Lets see how she develops this season. She plays for CTK one of the top programs in the country. They have great coaching and develop their players. Stop focusing on all the things you think she cant do and focus on what she does well because Im sure Geno wouldnt have offered her if he thought she couldnt contribute. What she needs to improve on Im sure she will this season. Thats what the coaches at CTK do. They prepare you for D1 BB. Geno saw what she "can do" and likes it. If she has the drive and determination and we already knows shes coachable or she wouldnt be playing for CTK and she wouldnt have an offer from Geno if she didnt
I thought she attended Noble and Greenough School? Did she transfer?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I thought she attended Noble and Greenough School? Did she transfer?
AAU program not HS
Her AAU team is Exodus NYC. @Tonyc is also correct in that many of the best prep kids from NYC and surrounding areas (including those from CTK) end up at Exodus. Exodus is Nike affiliated and plays on the EYBL circuit which is considered the best AAU circuit that produces the most high major D1 prospects.

Reaction Score
More range? No.
Rebounding, handles, passing, perimeter defender, ability to create her own shot, BB IQ all fall in KLS column. KLS did all of this against a much higher level of competition in HS, AAU, and USA Basketball. KLS was facing defenses designed to stop her since 10th grade and she still averaged 30PPG as a senior. Look at the highlight video for Caroline Ducharme and she is usually the tallest player on the floor and there are no other DI prospects playing defense. Lexi Gordon Courtney Ekmark are the players we should be comparing Caroline Ducharme to not KLS.

Caroline will blow by Lexi Gordon and Courtney Ekmark who both left because they couldn't crack the starting lineup. Katie Lou is one of my all-time favorites, but she wasn't a great defender anywhere on the floor, though she did improve.

Reaction Score
Griffin was rated at a 98 and was ranked 21st by Hoopgurlz......... Ducharme is rated at 97 and is currently ranked 37th..................... there's no question that Griffin is the superior athlete............of course that said, there's a lot more to being a successful basketball player then athleticism especially under Geno's system......

If they had even a 2-point shooting contest, who would win, forget about a 3-point shooting contest. You have to have a diversity of players who have different strengths on the court. Not everyone is Breanna or Maya who seemingly have no weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Personally I believe the hoopgurlz type ranking systems really reward a player who has 1 big weapon. KLS's 3 ball was an amazing weapon as a high schooler. Caroline Ducharme doesn't have that weapon although she is a good shooter. I do think Caroline Ducharme is a bit more well rounded in other aspects of the game as a high schooler. I'm looking forward to see how that plays out over 4 years.

Have you seen video of Caroline and how far out she shoots the 3?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Caroline will blow by Lexi Gordon and Courtney Ekmark who both left because they couldn't crack the starting lineup. Katie Lou is one of my all-time favorites, but she wasn't a great defender anywhere on the floor, though she did improve.
You sound mad that they left. I don't think Caroline will be running circles around credible DI defender and Lexi Gordon and Courtney Ekmark were not credible D1 defenders. Courtney and Lexi were ranked in a similar position as Caroline and are about the same height give or take an inch or so. Courtney was dubbed the best shooter in the class. The other similarity with Caroline is that both Courtney and Lexi came to UCONN as part of a class of 4 players in which there was a player who played the same position. For Courtney that player was Kia Nurse and for Lexi that player was Megan Walker. For Caroline that player will be Saylor. I think/hope Caroline will be a nice contributing player for UCONN but people are getting carried away with their expectations. At what point do you project Caroline becoming a starter for UCONN?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom