Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
When I want to fry an egg on my forehead I'll get back to you.
Come on it's a dry heat, and unless you have a metal or iron skillet for a forehead it can't be done. Now if you want to do it on the hood of your car that's another story.

Reaction Score
Trying to be objective, I looked hard in the video for leaping, and never clearly saw her feet getting more than about 6 inches off the ground. Her long arms do compensate for that to a degree, but I think she will have a hard time rebounding (or getting a good shot off in the paint) against good college competition.

I also didn't see a lot of quickness. Between quickness and leaping, if she and Aubrey Griffin were guarding each other at both ends of the court, who do you think would score, rebound, and block shots more effectively? And Griffin is not such a highly rated recruit.

Griffin was rated at a 98 and was ranked 21st by Hoopgurlz......... Ducharme is rated at 97 and is currently ranked 37th..................... there's no question that Griffin is the superior athlete............of course that said, there's a lot more to being a successful basketball player then athleticism especially under Geno's system......

Reaction Score
At the same height 6-2 as Morgan Tuck, Ducharme is just as quick, jumps as high, is a better ballhandler, and has better shooting range. Tuck was a great college player because she maximized every bit of her ability and was usually the smartest kid on the court, even calling the picks and switches from the paint. She was a ballplayer, and I think Ducharme could be too. We'll see.

Reaction Score
If I'm correct KML's quickness and leaping ability were also mentioned and I believe she turned out to be a great player. I'll have to go with Geno on this one. With this team she is going to be a stud.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
At the same height 6-2 as Morgan Tuck, Ducharme is just as quick, jumps as high, is a better ballhandler, and has better shooting range. Tuck was a great college player because she maximized every bit of her ability and was usually the smartest kid on the court, even calling the picks and switches from the paint. She was a ballplayer, and I think Ducharme could be too. We'll see.
If Morgan and Caroline Ducharme went up for a rebound that was an equal distance from both of them, Morgan would come down with it 99 times out of 100. She had really exceptional upper body strength. If women played football, Morgan could be a nose guard. That is how she won the rebounding battles against taller and fairly strong rebounders from South Carolina and Mississippi State.

I don't see that even as a future capability for Caroline Ducharme based on this highlight reel.

Reaction Score
If Morgan and Caroline Ducharme went up for a rebound that was an equal distance from both of them, Morgan would come down with it 99 times out of 100. She had really exceptional upper body strength. If women played football, Morgan could be a nose guard. That is how she won the rebounding battles against taller and fairly strong rebounders from South Carolina and Mississippi State.

I don't see that even as a future capability for Caroline Ducharme based on this highlight reel.

Ducharme is unlikely to be an All American but she doesn't need to be as hopefully UConn will already have several of those on their roster ..............if she can be a reliable shooter and proficient all around player that's good enough for me.......

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Many of people said the same about KLS, but she did pretty good her last two years at rebounding the ball. I see Caroline Ducharme also improving in all facets of the game to include rebounding. She does appear to have a nose for the ball and with CD and JE instructions she should improve tremendously over her time at UConn.

Reaction Score
Joe Pgh, I’m currently having a BBQ pit built in my backyard. Just for future reference, how do you like your crow? Lol. JK. Caroline Ducharme will leave UConn as a current fav. I don’t expect much from any freshmen so give her a year to adjust.

Reaction Score

I didn't mention rebounding. Ducharme is a wing or 3. Different skill sets.

Reaction Score
Trying to be objective, I looked hard in the video for leaping, and never clearly saw her feet getting more than about 6 inches off the ground. Her long arms do compensate for that to a degree, but I think she will have a hard time rebounding (or getting a good shot off in the paint) against good college competition.

I also didn't see a lot of quickness. Between quickness and leaping, if she and Aubrey Griffin were guarding each other at both ends of the court, who do you think would score, rebound, and block shots more effectively? And Griffin is not such a highly rated recruit.
I think Caroline would get the three off before Aubrey could reach her since she she shoots from deep.... also defending the post isn't about jumping as much as positioning. I think they are both extremely valuable in their own way. There isn't a need to pit them against each other. One team one purpose!

Reaction Score
Many of people said the same about KLS, but she did pretty good her last two years at rebounding the ball. I see Caroline Ducharme also improving in all facets of the game to include rebounding. She does appear to have a nose for the ball and with CD and JE instructions she should improve tremendously over her time at UConn.
Personally I believe the hoopgurlz type ranking systems really reward a player who has 1 big weapon. KLS's 3 ball was an amazing weapon as a high schooler. Caroline Ducharme doesn't have that weapon although she is a good shooter. I do think Caroline Ducharme is a bit more well rounded in other aspects of the game as a high schooler. I'm looking forward to see how that plays out over 4 years.

Reaction Score

Thank you for posting my reply, Joe. I don't think Geno recruited her to be the "one who will put us over the top" player. She will bring a lot of fire to the floor in practice and will, I believe, be one of the candidates for relieving one or two of the starters down the line. She will also push the players ahead of her to be better.

Reaction Score
I think Caroline would get the three off before Aubrey could reach her since she she shoots from deep.... also defending the post isn't about jumping as much as positioning. I think they are both extremely valuable in their own way. There isn't a need to pit them against each other. One team one purpose!
DE, I don't think he was trying to pit anyone against anyone. He was only voicing his assessment of what he believes she brings to the game.
Sunny and 93 degrees with the high to be only 103 in Vegas today.:cool::cool::cool:
Yea, but it's a "dry" 103. At least that's what my Uncle used to tell me. My response, I like a "dry" 72.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Personally I believe the hoopgurlz type ranking systems really reward a player who has 1 big weapon. KLS's 3 ball was an amazing weapon as a high schooler. Caroline Ducharme doesn't have that weapon although she is a good shooter. I do think Caroline Ducharme is a bit more well rounded in other aspects of the game as a high schooler. I'm looking forward to see how that plays out over 4 years.

Think people are forgetting how good Samuelson was. She was the #1 player in her class at multiple services over three different years.

Reaction Score
I recall Larry Bird was too slow, Wes Unseld too short and couldn’t jump, Steph Curry was too skinny, Willis Reed didn’t play against anybody at Grambling, and so on and so on and so on. Basketball is played quite a bit between the ears and from the heart, is not a track meet but rather a sport where changes of speed and direction more often than not win out over sprinting. Where knowing how and when to get to a spot is much more important than being able to get there fast. Where knowing how to get in position, timing and desire are more important to rebounding than how high you can jump. Me, I think Auriemma, Dailey and company have pretty much proven they know what they are doing and I am voting with MDoggie on this one.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Griffin was rated at a 98 and was ranked 21st by Hoopgurlz......... Ducharme is rated at 97 and is currently ranked 37th..................... there's no question that Griffin is the superior athlete............of course that said, there's a lot more to being a successful basketball player then athleticism especially under Geno's system......

See: Larry Bird.

Reaction Score

if Ms Ducharme even ends up in the same conversation as KLS I'll be more than fine with that.............:)

Reaction Score
if Ms Ducharme even ends up in the same conversation as KLS I'll be more than fine with that.............:)
Let’s just pray it’s not in regards to injuries or the timing there of.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regarding height, Caroline is at least 6'1" and probably closer to 6'2". The 5'11" figure is at least 2 years old.

Regarding her 3-point range, I want to attend a practice and see Caroline and Saylor challenge each other from 25-30'.

Reaction Score
Regarding height, Caroline is at least 6'1" and probably closer to 6'2". The 5'11" figure is at least 2 years old.

Regarding her 3-point range, I want to attend a practice and see Caroline and Saylor challenge each other from 25-30'.
With the two of them together trying to outdo each other, UConn will be shooting 3s from midcourt. Lol.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme should not be in the same conversation as KLS.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Because?
1) Rankings as @Sluconn Husky has pointed out. KLS was consensus #1 for 3 years
2) HS Level of competition. KLS' HS team achieve #1 and played a national schedule against many DI caliber players. Caroline's team won the league that Molly Bent played in.
3) Highest Level of competition faced KLS was 6 time USA Basketball gold medalist before she got to college. Caroline has yet to make a USA basketball team.
4) Rebounding-Already been touched on by many posters.
5) Perimeter Defense-KLS improved dramatically as a perimeter defender at UCONN. I understand that this is a highlight video but I don't see Caroline becoming the perimeter defender that KLS became.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
1) Rankings as @Sluconn Husky has pointed out. KLS was consensus #1 for 3 years
2) HS Level of competition. KLS' HS team achieve #1 and played a national schedule against many DI caliber players. Caroline's team won the league that Molly Bent played in.
3) Highest Level of competition faced KLS was 6 time USA Basketball gold medalist before she got to college. Caroline has yet to make a USA basketball team.
4) Rebounding-Already been touched on by many posters.
5) Perimeter Defense-KLS improved dramatically as a perimeter defender at UCONN. I understand that this is a highlight video but I don't see Caroline becoming the perimeter defender that KLS became.
Fair enough.

Caroline Ducharme is just beginning her senior year of high school.

She might eventually:

Be able to get to the basket easier.
Be more versatile.
Be a better on the ball defender.

Compare favorably as a rebounder.
Compare favorably as a leader and someone who responds positively to coaching.

Wish but probably will not be the passer or long range shooter that KLS was. (is)

I thought after watching the first couple of videos that Caroline Ducharme was a step slow. She can help a team in so many other ways that her apparent lack of speed can be overlooked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom