Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme (Caroline Ducharme) Video

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That range though......

She had a couple of driving layups that could have given her the ole “and 1”

Also of note—it’s easy to see why these girls dominate in high school. She looks so much taller than everyone on the floor and she is 5’11 +/- an inch depending on your source.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Much of what is said here about this young lady is true, although some posts are a little too wide eyed. But folks, look at this kids body. Thick legs, broad shoulders. When she fills out she's going to be a beast. She can play multiple positions on the floor. She's perfect for playing the hi/lo game with Ice and Piath. Nice get Geno.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That range though......

She had a couple of driving layups that could have given her the ole “and 1”

Also of note—it’s easy to see why these girls dominate in high school. She looks so much taller than everyone on the floor and she is 5’11 +/- an inch depending on your source.
I believe that is is now 6'2", it was noted awhile back that she had a growth spurt last Summer.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Trying to be objective, I looked hard in the video for leaping, and never clearly saw her feet getting more than about 6 inches off the ground. Her long arms do compensate for that to a degree, but I think she will have a hard time rebounding (or getting a good shot off in the paint) against good college competition.

I also didn't see a lot of quickness. Between quickness and leaping, if she and Aubrey Griffin were guarding each other at both ends of the court, who do you think would score, rebound, and block shots more effectively? And Griffin is not such a highly rated recruit.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
SO hard to tell how a player will do at the next level in Geno's pressure cooker. I really like what I see though: the footwork (saw a little euro-step action in there), the finishing and the range. I like that she plays with confidence and some fire (even shot some ish at the refs a few times). Speed/quickness may be a downside(?)

First time I've seen her. Does she project as more of a shooting guard or stretch post? Very excited to see her in D-1.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
SO hard to tell how a player will do at the next level in Geno's pressure cooker. I really like what I see though: the footwork (saw a little euro-step action in there), the finishing and the range. I like that she plays with confidence and some fire (even shot some ish at the refs a few times). Speed/quickness may be a downside(?)

First time I've seen her. Does she project as more of a shooting guard or stretch post? Very excited to see her in D-1.
I see her more in line with KLS, first shooting guard then moving onto a 3 position once she gets up to the UConn ways and standards.

psconn

Reaction Score
Trying to be objective, I looked hard in the video for leaping, and never clearly saw her feet getting more than about 6 inches off the ground. Her long arms do compensate for that to a degree, but I think she will have a hard time rebounding (or getting a good shot off in the paint) against good college competition.

I also didn't see a lot of quickness. Between quickness and leaping, if she and Aubrey Griffin were guarding each other at both ends of the court, who do you think would score, rebound, and block shots more effectively? And Griffin is not such a highly rated recruit.

I don't strongly disagree with you. I mentioned the speed/quickness in my previous post also. BUT I also see a lot to be intrigued by. I was trying to come up with a comparison to another player and I think she reminds me of (hold on to your lunches) Marina Mabrey. If Caroline achieves Marina's level of success, we done good. She would AT MINIMUM be a significant role player. ON EDIT: Hopefully without the whining and flopping.:p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Asked at the time of her commitment what Husky she admired: "It’s so hard. They’re so above anything I think of myself, but I think more recently, I loved the way Katie Lou Samuelson played. I wouldn’t say I model my game after her, but I definitely watched her a lot. Diana Taurasi has always been one of my favorites."

psconn

Reaction Score
Just watched more of this. Best thing I saw? At 5:25 she gets the MVP award - quick handshake, back to her seat, award gets stuffed under her chair. Couple seconds later she and the other captains accept the championship trophy only then does she really celebrate enthusiastically. Yeah, now I'm all in on this kid.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Sunny and 93 degrees with the high to be only 103 in Vegas today.:cool::cool::cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom