Carlton's help defense killed us. | The Boneyard

Carlton's help defense killed us.

Reaction Score
Don't know what took Hurley so long to go back to Akok at the 5 in the 2nd half. Carlton and Whaley were getting killed every time down the court as soon as he came out and then was moved to the 4

Reaction Score
Hurley has got to start riding the “hot” guys and stop pulling for sake of rotations. Seen him do it with Bouk from time to time

to be fair, Bouk is almost always in foul trouble making it that much easier (or necessary) for him to get pulled even if he’s hot. Once he gets better at not fouling, I think you’ll see him getting subbed out much much less frequently.

Reaction Score
Igbanu was way too strong for Akok. Ideally you have a stronger player guard him and have Akok come over for weak side blocks. Problem is Carlton was a no show again.

Has anyone ever gone from most improved to most regressed in back to back years? Really impressive.

Reaction Score
Everyone was helping out in the paint. Doubles on every drive and post entry pass. Killed us. That and buying shot fakes late in the 2nd and OT.

Reaction Score
Carlton has some skills but he’s slow and has gotten even slower somehow and with the way we play best, Sid needs to start at 4 and akok at 5. Carlton should no longer start at the least

Reaction Score
to be fair, Bouk is almost always in foul trouble making it that much easier (or necessary) for him to get pulled even if he’s hot. Once he gets better at not fouling, I think you’ll see him getting subbed out much much less frequently.

he needs to stop reaching and leaning into guys when they drive but I swear 80% of the fouls called against him seem to be really really questionable if not bogus. Most of the time it is light contact that happens several times per possession but he gets called for the foul.

Reaction Score
AG losses his man when he's defebdibg off the ball causing the bigs tobhace to help way to much. But regardless JC needs to see the bench from he on out. No effort, no hustle, no pride.

Reaction Score
Hurley has got to start riding the “hot” guys and stop pulling for sake of rotations. Seen him do it with Bouk from time to time
I said this a few games ago, but I understood trying to buy a few minutes during this situationg. Akok look exhausted.

Reaction Score
Carlton should have been working on his jumping ability and quickness instead of bulking up. He doesn't know how to use his bulk and is now a step or two slower and stuck on wood floor like a team logo.
Ooorrr at least a minimal 6-8 ft jumper. Something. ANYTHING!!!!!

Reaction Score

Thoughts on what? Please show me where I said Carlton was good or an important piece of this team. Nothing has changed with what I said. Carlton is a 2 year starter who will be a senior next year that Cliff will have to compete with. I’ve made it very clear that I’m not saying Carlton is a better player or prospect than Cliff. What I said is it’s ridiculous for everyone to pencil Cliff into the starting lineup when he’s 6 months away from stepping foot on a college campus.

Reaction Score
Seems like JC running out to double team doesn't get us anywhere never get a to just get one of there men free. Why do we expose ourselves like this when we get 0 return?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Thoughts on what? Please show me where I said Carlton was good or an important piece of this team. Nothing has changed with what I said. Carlton is a 2 year starter who will be a senior next year that Cliff will have to compete with. I’ve made it very clear that I’m not saying Carlton is a better player or prospect than Cliff. What I said is it’s ridiculous for everyone to pencil Cliff into the starting lineup when he’s 6 months away from stepping foot on a college campus.
It's not ridiculous, why is a talented player starting over untalented players ridiculous?

Reaction Score
Carlton should have been working on his jumping ability and quickness instead of bulking up. He doesn't know how to use his bulk and is now a step or two slower and stuck on wood floor like a team logo.
That's on the coaching staff!

Reaction Score
It's not ridiculous, why is a talented player starting over untalented players ridiculous?

How can you tell me how good Cliff will be in college without even playing in college? Never had a problem with you on here and I actually like your posts but this doesn’t seem to be registering. Just because Cliff is more talented doesn’t mean he’ll start or play more minutes than senior Carlton right away. It’s not that hard of a concept. Let me give you an example. Steven Enoch. Is there any question he was a better player and had more talent than Phil Nolan and Amida Brimah? No. So why didn’t he play more often? Because he wasn’t ready to contribute immediately. The majority of non-5 star recruits aren’t. He was better than those two yet he still didn’t take any of their minutes.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
AG losses his man when he's defebdibg off the ball causing the bigs tobhace to help way to much. But regardless JC needs to see the bench from he on out. No effort, no hustle, no pride.
Looks more like no confidence.
It's like he reads The Boneyard, feels bad when he does so, and then doesn't even listen to what he's told to do.
We motivate as well Pinocchio in the GEICO commercials.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom