Carlton | The Boneyard

Carlton

Reaction Score
Against the legit Number One team in the Country. That means something, especially for his confidence. He will fare better also I feel when we get rid of the 3 guard offense. He's basically our only big out there when Ollie sticks to his failed lineup.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I hope we can make the NIT if only to get him more meaningful run.

Reaction Score
Love him – great hands, good footwork, protects the rim well, can pass a bit, very good offensive rebounding. Lots to build with.

His defensive rebounding, however, was awful. More than anything else he needs to be a guy who cleans the defensive glass for us. Hopefully he starts to get that.

Reaction Score
What impressed me most is that he took it to 2 and 3 defenders. I kept saying, NO, NO, but he was YES, YES.

Reaction Score
Love him – great hands, good footwork, protects the rim well, can pass a bit, very good offensive rebounding. Lots to build with.

His defensive rebounding, however, was awful. More than anything else he needs to be a guy who cleans the defensive glass for us. Hopefully he starts to get that.

Villanova does 2 things on those missed 3s. They are nowhere near the bucket as they expect the ball to bound out a long way. There were no UConn players 15 feet away. AND, they slap at the ball if it bounds close to the bucket.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
His growth has been really nice this year. He's no longer getting into early foul trouble, and he's showing some nice presence in the paint. Really looking forward to watching him for the next few years...

Reaction Score
Villanova does 2 things on those missed 3s. They are nowhere near the bucket as they expect the ball to bound out a long way. There were no UConn players 15 feet away. AND, they slap at the ball if it bounds close to the bucket.

Villanova starts out far away but then they crash hard once they can anticipate the angle of the carom. Part of our problem today was that our bigs - Whaley in particular - were backing away from the basket trying to put a body on someone, while the guys they were trying to body had a head of steam and were sprinting by them.

A lot to be learned from the film about the balance between boxing out vs going to get the ball. Assuming there were someone capable of teaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom