Carlton Steer has overcome many obstacles before finding a home with UConn football program (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Carlton Steer has overcome many obstacles before finding a home with UConn football program (Fuller)

Reaction Score
Great story: Carlton Steer has overcome many obstacles before finding a home with UConn football program

>>Dealing with stretches of being homeless dating back to his early teenage years and realizing that just two years ago Steer walked away from not only the Central Connecticut State football program but life as a college student makes for the ultimate tale of overcoming adversity.

“Interesting story,” Steer said. “Some trials and tribulations more than the average person I would think but I use everything as motivation. I believe every day that you are alive is a great day, any day you are alive is an opportunity for you to be better. Anything in my past, I let it go. If I wake up that day, I take that day head on.”

>>“My family life is rebuilding,” Steer said. “I’ve been through some trials and tribulations and it is a rebuilding process. My dad moved to Virginia when I was about 14 years old. I chose to move in with a family, stayed with them for some time and after that it has kind of been wherever I have gone to school I’ve been able to stay, so you can imagine the scholarship is essential for me to be able to continue to do what I am doing and having everything taken care of is truly a blessing.

“The game of football, you get knocked down. I’ve had my fair share of knockdowns in my lifetime and to be able to get back up is something that motivates me. You know your story is great when you look back and it motivates you.”<<

Reaction Score
Good story, where is he on the depth chart? How many years of eligibility,

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Good story, where is he on the depth chart? How many years of eligibility,
I believe he’s a straight senior, with only this year left for eligibility.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Someone who is easy to root for now and in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom