Carlton in the Weight Room | The Boneyard

Carlton in the Weight Room

Reaction Score
He’s listed as 6’10” 235. I’m interested at seeing how much these off season workouts are changing their frames. Last year I think Cobb lost something around 30 lbs.

I’m really hoping Carlton, Akok, Sid, and Polley can put on 10-15 lbs of muscle.

Need some BEEF out on the court! Gimme Junk yard dawgs!

Reaction Score
Doing cleans (and deadlifts for power) show guys are working on being explosive, nice front squat. This is the type of stuff you do to build strength and explosiveness. No shortcuts, it takes time under the bar.
5 months to October, kids this age can get a lot of muscle gain in that time. Per livestrong.com:
"Men training appropriately for muscle gain can expect to put on about 1 pound per month, while those with 3 years of dedicated training will likely only be able to add about half a pound per month." Some sites note that guys relatively new to "real weight" training might get close to a couple of pounds gain per month for the 1st few months.

Reaction Score
Looking for more explosion from Josh. Work on those legs.
Lol you would think that what he’s doing isn’t involving his legs, and that he’s not performing one of the most explosive movements there are. That’s a whole power clean progression of at least 175. These are big bodies with long limbs; really hard to build explosiveness.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Shouldn't he have a spotter? Just wondering.

pj

Reaction Score
Shouldn't he have a spotter? Just wondering.

He's using good form so it's not risky to do the lift without a spotter. But one interesting point, not applicable here (Josh was good throughout, and the environment was set up well): I see guys use fantastic form doing a lift with heavy weight, and then get themselves into all kinds of risky postures trying to get the weight back to its rack. If you don't have the environment set up properly, having a helper to get the weight put away be a good risk-reducer.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
No way in freakin hell. With these movements, during a failed lift, a spotter is just as likely to get hurt. Olympic lifts start off light to build coordination and proprioception, and Sal is absolutely watching close.
Easy on me. Legit question from someone who's never lifted free weights in his life. The first lift looked like a bit of a misfire and that's what made me ask. Your point makes sense.

Reaction Score
Easy on me. Legit question from someone who's never lifted free weights in his life. The first lift looked like a bit of a misfire and that's what made me ask. Your point makes sense.
Wasn’t attacking you or anything my man

Reaction Score
Looks like Yakwe's still on campus.

Feel bad for how he went out, not that he would've changed the season completely but wouldv'e liked to see what he could've done in the conference tourney.

Reaction Score
Love seeing Josh putting in the work in the weight room to get stronger. I'm sure he is putting in skill work too.
Josh really wants to be good and is working hard to get there; it's impressive to see the dedication and the desire. I really think Josh has tremendous upside, and that the jump he just made this past season, he's going to make the same kind of jump next season, in confidence, skills, and strength, and really turn himself into a VERY capable center for us. He'll be one of the better big men in the conference as the season unfolds.

It's a rah rah post but I'm due for one. It's still going to happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom