Carlton 10pts 9rbs 2blks | The Boneyard

Carlton 10pts 9rbs 2blks

Reaction Score
If folks are gonna talk about him during the down games then we need to acknowledge when he does well. 8pts 7rbs against SMU and 10pts 9rbs 2blks and 1turnover tonight.

He’s not Shaquille O’Neal right now but for a kid that was ranked 175ish coming out of high school I think he’s done pretty well while being thrust into a starting center role on a high major team during his sophomore season.

Reaction Score
He is improving. Slowly but incrementaly. We need to improve the frontcourt in a major way to get to where we want to be. He is also not a complete stiff without any hope that some on this board would like you to believe. Does he have major limitations? Absolutely. Can he get better and contribute as a role player going forward...absolutely.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Great job last night. It would be insane not to think that acceptable production and play from a center on a heavily guard-oriented team.

A bird in the hand, and all that.

Reaction Score
I agree with your point about the “tough” rebounds. That’s something we haven’t seen a lot of from him. I’m sure he’ll still have some off nights, but these last two games were promising. He’s clearly improving as his career progresses.

Reaction Score
He’s not not a bad player. He just isn’t a center. Would love to see him at the 4 next year with a true center.

Reaction Score
Player “Improvement” - a word not to be found in the last 4 years. Much to go, but you see it incrementally happening:AG, Carlton, Wilson, CV

Reaction Score
Player “Improvement” - a word not to be found in the last 4 years. Much to go, but you see it incrementally happening:AG, Carlton, Wilson, CV
I thought last nights game was a big step forward for the guys mentioned especially when Adams fouled out. Heartbreaking loss. A couple tough plays at the end, but you have to like the hustle and effort all night until the final horn.

Reaction Score
Carlton played really well the last 2 games. That’s been huge. Last night I thought he really kept us afloat at times, especially considering how well Brooks played.

His issues remain the same. He’s a really poor defensive rebounder for his position, and he has little to no post moves. But he’ll get stronger and just needs to keep working, because we’re seeing improvement.

Reaction Score
Carlton played really well the last 2 games. That’s been huge. Last night I thought he really kept us afloat at times, especially considering how well Brooks played.

His issues remain the same. He’s a really poor defensive rebounder for his position, and he has little to no post moves. But he’ll get stronger and just needs to keep working, because we’re seeing improvement.

I disagree. I think Carlton has some good post moves. Carlton has three major weaknesses:

1) Toughness
2) Strength
3) Athleticism

The past two games he has shown a big improvement in toughness. He can improve on his strength this offseason and beyond, but there is not much he can do to improve his athleticism.

I was really happy with Carlton's performance these last two games. Hurley is still bullish on him, and as of now he will be our starting center for the rest of this year and next year.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think Carlton has some good post moves. Carlton has three major weaknesses:

1) Toughness
2) Strength
3) Athleticism

The past two games he has shown a big improvement in toughness. He can improve on his strength this offseason and beyond, but there is not much he can do to improve his athleticism.

I was really happy with Carlton's performance these last two games. Hurley is still bullish on him, and as of now he will be our starting center for the rest of this year and next year.

Arguable that his toughness and athleticism are MAJOR weaknesses. I agree that he needs to get stronger, (which I'm sure Alosi will correct in due time), but Hurley has hammered away at the fact that Josh just needs to improve his MOTOR.

I think for his position and role he is athletic enough and tough enough. If he can just maintain a consistent motor, like he did against Cincy, then that's all you can ask. Add some muscle to that for next season and we'll be looking at him averaging something like 10 & 7.

Reaction Score
Most impressive last night were the "tough" rebounds in traffic (both ends) at key points 2nd half. I agree that's something he needs to work on, ho[pefully last night proved he is.

Agree, exactly. The two things he’s missing (toughness and drive) were on display last night. Very encouraging

Reaction Score
If folks are gonna talk about him during the down games then we need to acknowledge when he does well. 8pts 7rbs against SMU and 10pts 9rbs 2blks and 1turnover tonight.

He’s not Shaquille O’Neal right now but for a kid that was ranked 175ish coming out of high school I think he’s done pretty well while being thrust into a starting center role on a high major team during his sophomore season.
I really liked him coming out of high school and thought he'd be solid for us. Ive really backed off a bit on that and his development has been a bit slow and disappointing but he's got two more years and he seems to be trending in the right direction.

Reaction Score
The last two games have not been awful for him - where he picks up two early fouls out and never gets into a rhythm.

I get he isn’t a thoroughbred like Lebron, but when everyone is focused on the guards scoring he’s gonna find some easy buckets on the hedge help. The minutes are his, he should get 8 and 8 like getting out of bed. I don’t give him much credit for not being terrible. As Chris Rock would say “you supposed to take care of yo kids.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom