Carlos's Torture Chamber | The Boneyard

Carlos's Torture Chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Be honest and true - even Travis's biggest defenders here (and there were many) - doesn't this have the look and feel of a D1 MBB weight room now? Plenty of free weights and guys being motivated not academically lecture to as they were in a classroom. Thanks KO for sharing this.

C

Chief00

Too quick on the negatives. They should take twice as long.

We need a new S&C coach.;)

The other observation is they have a lot of upside on the bench press pounds - I was hearing 170 - you got to get much stronger than that / but at least they are starting now!

The grind replaces theory.

C

Chief00

I told Bunkey some on the BY miss gymnastics - so sure enough he posted this just for you!

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The other observation is they have a lot of upside on the bench press pounds - I was hearing 170 - you got to get much stronger than that / but at least they are starting now!

The grind replaces theory.

Kevin Durant couldn't even bench 185 at the combine. Really, all you gotta do is be good at basketball.

C

Chief00

Kevin Durant couldn't even bench 185 at the combine. Really, all you gotta do is be good at basketball.

Quite frankly, nearly everyone is not as good at basketball as KD and he was very young when he went to The League. Our guys need to get much stronger - especially the paint guys. Some will need to focus on rebounds, post D and setting screens. I had the privilege to hear JC talk (yes quite frankly) with a Big who wanted more shots. Those were the 3 things he needed to do to even get his butt off the bench.

C

Chief00

Looks like a pretty relaxed environment to me
You can do the grind with comradery and have fun. As for Mr Bunkey - he is one of a kind - what a resource if we only would take the handcuffs off and use him!

C

Chief00

Bunk went to prison?
LOL - No!
He would be great firing up the crowd - especially Gampel. Leave the tired routines and let him create. That would also get him on campus! Recruiting would miraculously improve too!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Be honest and true - even Travis's biggest defenders here (and there were many) - doesn't this have the look and feel of a D1 MBB weight room now? Plenty of free weights and guys being motivated not academically lecture to as they were in a classroom. Thanks KO for sharing this.

Honestly
I see more in my Y gym

Reaction Score
People completely undersell diet, here. If a kid is a picky eater or not disciplined, they might never bulk up with healthy muscle the way they should

C

Chief00

People completely undersell diet, here. If a kid is a picky eater or not disciplined, they might never bulk up with healthy muscle the way they should
Carlos knows the starting point. He needs to change the culture / in a journey not a sprint.

Reaction Score

Looks like Onuorah is repping 175 lbs. and the other guys are having trouble with 135 lbs. and 155 lbs. They need to get stronger.

No clue why we had a S&C prior to this who didn't believe in weighlifting but glad we have one now. Time to build them up.

C

Chief00

Looks like Onuorah is repping 175 lbs. and the other guys are having trouble with 135 lbs. and 155 lbs. They need to get stronger.

No clue why we had a S&C prior to this who didn't believe in weighlifting but glad we have one now. Time to build them up.

Couldn't agree more. Some guys become captive to their academic theories and Travis took that to an extreme. I really think he believes he was coming up with a smarter way. I got a sense that he believed free weights were not a very sophisticated method of training - almost beneath his position in life.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
They got to start somewhere - granted it's nowhere near what I could lift at that age.
True and if lifting hasn't been a priority must be careful of injury. I read an article about Noah Syndegaard and how he thinks his most recent injury, a partial muscle tear, may be due to overemphasis on weight lifting. The three I am most concerned about are Gilbert, Larrier and Diarra. All three have injuries where weight training are going to be very important to prevent repeat injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom