VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
. . . . . . . . . . . . Woot !!!

hands.png

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Judging from her play with US Basketball I would say she is a great player. She would be a #1 most years, I like her better than A'ja.

collier.JPG

Back in August, this was my post from USA U-18 games...oh, and Collier is getting even better..! :cool:
"The USA U-18 Women's Basketball team cruised to a 5-0 record and Gold Metal in the FIBA Americas tournament held in Colorado Springs. The average margin of victory was almost 45 points per game as the USA dominated every game w/ a starting lineup featuring the #1, #2, #4 and #8 prospects from this year's High School class. The fifth starter, beside A'ja Wilson (South Carolina), Brianna Turner (Notre Dame), Ariel Atkins (Texas) and Recee Caldwell (UCLA) was Napheesa Collier, who has verbally committed to playing for some small school in Connecticut. ;)

IMO, Napheesa, a junior in high school but the same age as Wilson & Turner, played a more well rounded game than either Wilson, who won the Tournament MOP award, or Turner. The top two prospects in the country played well, but Collier played better. Consider the following:
1. Napheesa played the most minutes (111) of any player on the team. Her versatility at playing either guard or forward allowed USA Coach Dawn Staley to keep her on the floor for over 22 minutes a game.
2. Despite starting at forward, Collier led the USA team in 3 point field goal accuracy. She went 5-9 for 55%. The next best shooter made 41% of her 3's. Neither Wilson nor Turner tried a 3 pt shot. :rolleyes:
3. Napheesa led the team in rebounding, gathering in 43 boards, including an amazing 23 at the offensive end. Her 23 offensive boards were more than Wilson & Turner combined (22).
4. Collier had 17 assists, the most of any forward and more than Wilson & Turner combined (10). And her 8 steals were also more than Wilson & Turner together (7).
5. Napheesa was 2nd in overall scoring (70 pts) to Wilson (95), 2nd in made baskets (31) and 3rd in blocked shots (5), behind both Wilson (10) & Turner (6).

Wilson and Turner played very well for Team USA. But, Napheesa Collier was more versatile, better balanced and exceeded both in rebounding, assists, steals and 3 pt shooting."

Can't wait to see her play at UConn..!! :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see her playing for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Although highly rated, she'll be a better player then some of the experts think. Welcome

I agree with you Wbb. I cannot wait to see this young lady suit up.

HGN

Reaction Score
View attachment 7509
Back in August, this was my post from USA U-18 games...oh, and Collier is getting even better..! :cool:
"The USA U-18 Women's Basketball team cruised to a 5-0 record and Gold Metal in the FIBA Americas tournament held in Colorado Springs. The average margin of victory was almost 45 points per game as the USA dominated every game w/ a starting lineup featuring the #1, #2, #4 and #8 prospects from this year's High School class. The fifth starter, beside A'ja Wilson (South Carolina), Brianna Turner (Notre Dame), Ariel Atkins (Texas) and Recee Caldwell (UCLA) was Napheesa Collier, who has verbally committed to playing for some small school in Connecticut. ;)

IMO, Napheesa, a junior in high school but the same age as Wilson & Turner, played a more well rounded game than either Wilson, who won the Tournament MOP award, or Turner. The top two prospects in the country played well, but Collier played better. Consider the following:
1. Napheesa played the most minutes (111) of any player on the team. Her versatility at playing either guard or forward allowed USA Coach Dawn Staley to keep her on the floor for over 22 minutes a game.
2. Despite starting at forward, Collier led the USA team in 3 point field goal accuracy. She went 5-9 for 55%. The next best shooter made 41% of her 3's. Neither Wilson nor Turner tried a 3 pt shot. :rolleyes:
3. Napheesa led the team in rebounding, gathering in 43 boards, including an amazing 23 at the offensive end. Her 23 offensive boards were more than Wilson & Turner combined (22).
4. Collier had 17 assists, the most of any forward and more than Wilson & Turner combined (10). And her 8 steals were also more than Wilson & Turner together (7).
5. Napheesa was 2nd in overall scoring (70 pts) to Wilson (95), 2nd in made baskets (31) and 3rd in blocked shots (5), behind both Wilson (10) & Turner (6).

Wilson and Turner played very well for Team USA. But, Napheesa Collier was more versatile, better balanced and exceeded both in rebounding, assists, steals and 3 pt shooting."

David , I remember that post. I Liked it then and I still like it. Facts are facts. And stats are stats. Collier, statistically , had a better run than most. Which , as you said , showed her effectiveness and versatility. She is going to be a very good player for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I know Lou is considered the #1 kid, but don't sell Napheesa short. She's gonna be a helluva shining star for UConn WBB, on and off the court. Like the fellow Jefferson City, Mo. superstar she most looks up to- Maya Moore.

Of the 3 players signed today, Napheesa looks to be the most ready physically today for the college game.
KLS looks like she could use some more bulk up/weight.

Reaction Score
Another thing that is going to help is that the three of them (Collier, Boykin, and KLS) have all played together more than a few times and really seem to like each other. Great chemistry between them will serve them well in the coming years.

Reaction Score
View attachment 7509

Recycling great posts- what a cheap way to get extra "likes" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wygyschk

Top Bottom