Carl Adamec on Katie Lou | The Boneyard

Carl Adamec on Katie Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno on Katie Lou Samuelson: "Lou was amazing. I've not seen her be what she was tonight when there was no alternative... "There was no safety net. Last year when she showed that toughness, even if she didn't those other guys were there for us ..."."Tonight if Lou doesn't do it, we lose. That's why I believe she grew up a lot tonight."​

Kia Nurse on KLS: "She hit shots, did other things, kept her mind off the sickness. It's hard,lot harder to do than it looks. She did great"

Katie Lou Samuelson on what she learned tonight: "I know that I can be mentally tougher than anything physically that's going on"

GG

Reaction Score
Last night I was so incredibly impressed with Lou. Her progression this season has been nothing short of amazing. Gabby and Pheesa have made huge strides as well. I just think as a pure shooter, Katie Lou had to toughen up a little more.

Reaction Score
Great team win, but they give up so many easy dribble drive buckets and there is zero baseline help........How does 5'6" guard drive on a 6'5" center from UCONN......The big's need to get much more physical and stop all dribble drives.........MD exposed that in the 4th quarter, but they were down by 15 when they figured out they were home free on all dribble drives to the basket.........

Reaction Score
Great team win, but they give up so many easy dribble drive buckets and there is zero baseline help...How does 5'6" guard drive on a 6'5" center from UCONN.The big's need to get much more physical and stop all dribble drives....MD exposed that in the 4th quarter, but they were down by 15 when they figured out they were home free on all dribble drives to the basket....
Because our 6-5 center plays like she's 5-6. It is what it is.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The head is Carl A on Katy Lou
Then: a quote by Geno...

I saw the presser and know what Geno said but still do not know Carl's take...

Help!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Great team win, but they give up so many easy dribble drive buckets and there is zero baseline help...How does 5'6" guard drive on a 6'5" center from UCONN.The big's need to get much more physical and stop all dribble drives....MD exposed that in the 4th quarter, but they were down by 15 when they figured out they were home free on all dribble drives to the basket....

Don't forget both Pheesa and Gabby were in foul trouble with 4 each and both looked sick too. They would normally slide over to defend but didn't dare with the foul count. We can't get physical with other teams' bigs, we are not that big. We have to use what skills we have to outplay them. Geno has said as much before and did so in the post game presser.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="huskeynut, post: 1961378, member: 750"heesa and Gabby were in foul trouble with 4 each and both looked sick too. They would normally slide over to defend but didn't dare with the foul count. We can't get physical with other teams' bigs, we are not that big. We have to use what skills we have to outplay them. Geno has said as much ast and did so in the post game presser.[/QUOTE]
I think this is a really good point. Butler is getting criticized as if UConn lost the game and she gave up the winning shot. In the second half, much of the time when she was in, two of the team's top players were playing with four fouls (at least a couple of which were truly, dumb fouls) and the entire team was playing to not foul. If you're in there and your teammate is playing with 4, you don't want to foul, at least in part because you don't want to commit a foul which gives the ref the chance to make a mistake and tag your teammate with #5.

Besides, as Tony C said in another post, foul trouble leaves you defenseless. He's absolutely right. So the 5'6" player gets to drive in there and score because another foul, at that point in the game, would not be a good thing to happen.

If you want to to toss blame around, (though on a night like this, I'm not sure why anyone would feel the need to blame anyone), you might want to take a look at the two players who collected those fouls. Remember Geno's descriptions of fouls as what happens when the players are too slow or too lazy to do things right. Last night, the entire team was in a tough spot because Gabby and Napheesa had four fouls each.

Apropos of that, someone in an earlier post suggested the refs were a problem for UConn. Well they were, in the sense that UConn players committed fouls and got caught. I thought the refereeing was equally good or bad on both sides and in at least two cases, I thought UConn got the better of calls that could easily have gone the other way.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
So I am watching the game, first kudos to Maryland for a fantastic atmosphere, that's what you want to show on TV for women's basketball, I am thinking this is it, Uconn are finally gonna lose. Foul trouble, KLS puking, refs bad, Maryland hitting some shots from players that don't usually, WTF! And I say that because no body in their right mind would have thought you would win this game. Freaking unbelievable. If anyone wasn't a fan of this team before, they can root for their own but they have to marvel at how you guys won.

Oh for those Uconn fans still nitpicking, you need therapy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom