Carl Adamec Announcing Wooden Finalist | The Boneyard

Carl Adamec Announcing Wooden Finalist

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But Wooden Org. says it announced them on March 28. Guess Carl and I missed the memo. Oh, yeah, in case you did too - Phee made the cut.

John R. Wooden Award Presented By Wendy's Announces 2018-19 Women's All American Team

The five-player team, alphabetically, consists of: Napheesa Collier (Connecticut), Asia Durr (Louisville), Megan Gustafson (Iowa), Sabrina Ionescu (Oregon), and Teaira McCowan (Mississippi State).

What am I missing?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This sounds like the same first-team list where Napheesa got 27 out of 28 votes (highest of anyone), even though she wasn't one of the four finalists for the Naismith award. Translation: Nearly everyone thinks that she is one of the best five, but many don't think she is the best individual player. That makes sense, in a way.

I don't really understand why McCowan gets rated higher than Kalani Brown. Certainly Brown has more of a jump shot from 15-18 feet.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This sounds like the same first-team list where Napheesa got 27 out of 28 votes (highest of anyone), even though she wasn't one of the four finalists for the Naismith award. Translation: Nearly everyone thinks that she is one of the best five, but many don't think she is the best individual player. That makes sense, in a way.

I don't really understand why McCowan gets rated higher than Kalani Brown. Certainly Brown has more of a jump shot from 15-18 feet.
I think it's Teaira's stats: 17.8 and 13.5 vs. 15.7 and 8.0. That's a big rebounding differential.

Reaction Score
The date stamp on the story is for March 2018. Maybe the recycled the release?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The wrong date has been added to the release.

If you look at the previous announcement for the Wooden Women's Ballot is says:

The Wooden Award All American Team, consisting of the nation’s top five players and the finalists for the Wooden Award, which is widely considered the most prestigious honor in college basketball, will be announced following the “Elite Eight” round of the NCAA Tournament and will be the focus of a 30-minute show on April 3rd on ESPNU at 6:30pm ET.

Also the Men's All America was announced on the same day (compare post date) with release date of 3 April.

So of the awards announced thus far:

1554406767618.png

Gustafson and Ionescu - Unanimous
McCowan and Collier - Missed Naismith
Durr - Missed USAWA
Ogunbowale - Missed AP, Wooden and ESPN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads