Carl A Article Jacki Gemelos | The Boneyard

Carl A Article Jacki Gemelos

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A little more Jacki stuff in the Athletic. Some stuff about DT in particular

“We needed a guard who could make 3s and fit into our unselfish passing,” Thibault said. “She brought a joy and passion for the game that helped keep us upbeat during the tough time we were going through. She loves the game and loves being in the gym. She’s a great teammate.”

The Mystics ended up losing to the Phoenix Mercury in their single-elimination, first-round matchup on a buzzer beater, but the moment for Gemelos was surreal — a playoff game in the WNBA against Taurasi.

“We were exchanging words the whole bubble. We’re cool, we’re friends,” Gemelos said. “She’s just amazing. Even the amount of respect I have for her, and the respect she has for me as a friend, when she gets in the game, she’s such a bully. Like, she gets in the game and she’s such a different person. And you’re just like, well, f*@# you. But you still have such an immense amount of respect for her because it’s just her competitive nature and who she is when she steps on the floor.”

At one point, Gemelos said, Thibault was complaining to the referee about something that Taurasi had done. Taurasi looked over at the bench at him and said, “Deez nuts!”

“Like, you know, she just talks ,” Gemelos said. “She’s just unbelievable. I love every second of it. I love that I was guarding her and she was guarding me. That was the ultimate experience for me. That’s one thing I’ve always wanted. Out of all of the years of basketball I played, I’ve never been on the same floor with her in a game. So, finally, I got that. And it was so cool.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom