Car wash Expansion Candidates | The Boneyard

Car wash Expansion Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Straight from the WF RR car wash source. BIG smiles he says, BIG SMILES! I said what does that mean? Christmas is coming early for your Huskies... His donor source says ... Don't let location fool you, TV driving the bus, network is coming... UCONN, CINCY, Houston, BYU in for FOOTBALL ONLY. Announcement coming soon, maybe it's made at JC's Alumni game??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The UConn/Cincy/Houston combo and BYU FB only is a carefully leaked info packet to provide a few days for the media to digest and be a sanity check for everyone.

It gives university presidents, AD's and administrators some breathing room to get everyone on the same page.

It's setting the bar for any further negotiations for any other team.

Reaction Score
So Thursday, as I was driving down Queen St. in Southington (the town's equivalent of Corbin's Corner in West Hartford). I saw vehicles with Texas, Oklahoma, & Kansas plates. Thought to myself that maybe there IS something to this car wash perspective. Getting paranoid.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So Thursday, as I was driving down Queen St. in Southington (the town's equivalent of Corbin's Corner in West Hartford). I saw vehicles with Texas, Oklahoma, & Kansas plates. Thought to myself that maybe there IS something to this car wash perspective. Getting paranoid.
Did they all go to the car wash across from Ritas?? If so look out!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How would we feel about football only?

I mean, at the end of the day, you take it for survival. But it still leaves us trying to find a "forever home".

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We take it, but yes - we'd still be left feeling incomplete - no doubt about it.

I just don't see how FB only makes any sense - unless its FB only for a period of years until 2026 when they are in a better position as a conf to create a real media channel/network.

This FB maybe an option on the table - maybe it is something that is being presented to Aresco.

Reaction Score
There seems to be some confusion. He seems to be saying that all four schools are football-only admits, but others are suggesting that applies to BYU only and the other three are in for all sports. So which is accurate?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Conspiracy aside, this is the exact list of teams I want. 13 teams in other sports isn't a big deal.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Football only in Big12 would appease a lot of people as it would allow BE for all other sports. The luster has worn off the BE for me with Cuse, Pitt, ND, Ville gone. Sure Nova, and PC would be fun.

Reaction Score
Football only in Big12 would appease a lot of people as it would allow BE for all other sports. The luster has worn off the BE for me with Cuse, Pitt, ND, Ville gone. Sure Nova, and PC would be fun.

Ever have a "Thanksgiving" sandwich? Now try it with just turkey. The Big 12 hates plain turkey sandwiches. ;)

Reaction Score
No, I am saying UCONN, CINCY, HOUSTON all sports, BYU FOOTBALL only..
Ok, thanks for clarifying A94. If accurate, that would be as good as we can hope for at this point.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Ok, thanks for clarifying A94. If accurate, that would be as good as we can hope for at this point.
I think and hope it is too. I will say, he seems to be almost spot on with most of what he's said but guess we'll see.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't they want to have balance, equal numbers? Could be UConn is Fball only too or maybe football and hoops for UConn and BYU.

No, I am saying UCONN, CINCY, HOUSTON all sports, BYU FOOTBALL only..

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Wouldn't they want to have balance, equal numbers? Could be UConn is Fball only too or maybe football and hoops for UConn and BYU.
Who knows, UCONN is a power conference, it's our brand MENS AND WOMENS BBALL, WE DONT SPLIT. We check all the boxes they said they are looking for with a slight lean on FOOTBALL. The old BIG EAST is just that OLD. Onward and UPWARD!!!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I know the Big 12 is not the best fit overall but why on earth would you want them to take UConn as a partial member??

Reaction Score
I'm saying football and hoops only makes more sense than just football if they want to minimize the travel for other non-revenue sports.

I know the Big 12 is not the best fit overall but why on earth would you want them to take UConn as a partial member??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom