OT: - Car used by LeBron James as high school senior going to auction | The Boneyard

OT: Car used by LeBron James as high school senior going to auction

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The car used by Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James as a high school senior is headed to the auction block. The car, a 2003 Hummer H2 will go up for auction by Goldin Auctions on Monday, and the car will be sold on Dec. 8. Goldin Auctions president Ken Goldin said he feels the car is "definitely a six-figure piece." Just last month, Walter Payton's 1979 Porsche was sold in Chicago for $324,500.

[Story]

No doubt James will not only get all of the money back his mother paid for it, but a nice tidy profit to boot. As they say in the business world, "timing is everything". :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The car used by Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James as a high school senior is headed to the auction block. The car, a 2003 Hummer H2 will go up for auction by Goldin Auctions on Monday, and the car will be sold on Dec. 8. Goldin Auctions president Ken Goldin said he feels the car is "definitely a six-figure piece." Just last month, Walter Payton's 1979 Porsche was sold in Chicago for $324,500.

[Story]

No doubt James will not only get all of the money back his mother paid for it, but a nice tidy profit to boot. As they say in the business world, "timing is everything". :cool:

Let's not kid ourselves here, his mother paid as much for that truck as I did!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Let's not kid ourselves here, his mother paid as much for that truck as I did!

The story is that she got a loan from someone who knew that in a few months, LeBron would be "good for it". They were right. The paper trail was solid, and withstood investigation by several interested entities.

I'm sure his camp got their ducks in order on this deal, knowing the scrutiny and subsequent interest it would/did draw form the media and school officials. In the end, everyone was happy.

I would not argue that the car was given to him under the table, and all of the documentation was for "show". ;)

Reaction Score
The story is that she got a loan from someone who knew that in a few months, LeBron would be "good for it". They were right. The paper trail was solid, and withstood investigation by several interested entities.

I'm sure his camp got their ducks in order on this deal, knowing the scrutiny and subsequent interest it would/did draw form the media and school officials. In the end, everyone was happy.

I would not argue that the car was given to him under the table, and all of the documentation was for "show". ;)
That's why he didn't go to college. Couldn't afford the pay cut. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom