Car AC question | The Boneyard

Car AC question

Reaction Score
The older car in our household is a 2011 Chevy Impala. It runs great, except that the last time we took it out, when you pushed the button to recirculate the air for the AC, it would keep switching over to pulling air through the outside vents. Anyone know what may cause this?

It's just that I live in VA and though it has been cooler, I'm not sure I want to chance July and August without AC in the car.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The older car in our household is a 2011 Chevy Impala. It runs great, except that the last time we took it out, when you pushed the button to recirculate the air for the AC, it would keep switching over to pulling air through the outside vents. Anyone know what may cause this?

It's just that I live in VA and though it has been cooler, I'm not sure I want to chance July and August without AC in the car.

Sounds like you have a shorted switch.

Yes, it's nice to recirculate inside air since it will be cooler and more dry than the outside air in Virginia in the summer. But, as long as your A/C is actually running, you should be able to keep it cool enough.

Your first sentence says you are just trying to change the source of the air being sent through A/C unit. Your second sentence makes it sound like you aren't actually able to run the A/C. Those are two entirely different problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom