Captain Jackson making a difference | The Boneyard

Captain Jackson making a difference

Reaction Score
“especially for a player like me, a defensive player,“
”I'm a defender, a rebounder, a passer. I also can score the ball. But when guys like that win games, you see them make it to the next level. My focus is on winning games and trying to hang a banner in Storrs”

Found this interesting. Was hoping to see him emphasize scoring more this year ( hopefully by using his size and athleticism to drive to the hoop) but now I’m wondering a bit if that’s going to be a focus.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Great wing defenders, who can guard multiple positions & make a shot when needed tend to make a lot of money at the next level. Very excited to see him this season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
“especially for a player like me, a defensive player,“
”I'm a defender, a rebounder, a passer. I also can score the ball. But when guys like that win games, you see them make it to the next level. My focus is on winning games and trying to hang a banner in Storrs”

Found this interesting. Was hoping to see him emphasize scoring more this year ( hopefully by using his size and athleticism to drive to the hoop) but now I’m wondering a bit if that’s going to be a focus.

If he is scoring 10-12 ppg consistently, UConn will be fine. Big thing is how he can impact a game in so many ways without having to shoot a bunch.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Great wing defenders, who can guard multiple positions & make a shot when needed tend to make a lot of money at the next level. Very excited to see him this season.

Guys that description are shooters. Very good shooters. Unfortunately, Andre is not that guy. Adequate shooting and continuing to elevate his playmaking might let him stick with some team though.... he has a weird skillset that isn't particularly in demand. But there's gotta be some team that will need it

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
See Marcus Smart
If he was half of what Marcus brings it would be outstanding
Let’s try to be realistic
Love AJs attitude and athleticism but not Marcus

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Guys that description are shooters. Very good shooters. Unfortunately, Andre is not that guy. Adequate shooting and continuing to elevate his playmaking might let him stick with some team though.... he has a weird skillset that isn't particularly in demand. But there's gotta be some team that will need it
His offensive IQ & passing should help supplement his below-average shooting. He rebounds & can push tempo - which is huge in the NBA. I think a good season will get him on a lot of NBA radars - lets hope so!

Reaction Score
I couldn’t disagree more. Andre has a skill set very much in demand. He’s ultra athletic, potentially a 6-7 lock down defender at multiple positions, a passer with great vision and a very special productive rebounder. Andre will score his points as his shooting grows from hard work. He’s a smart guy who will figure out ways to make his team win.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t disagree more. Andre has a skill set very much in demand. He’s ultra athletic, potentially a 6-7 lock down defender at multiple positions, a passer with great vision and a very special productive rebounder. Andre will score his points as his shooting grows from hard work. He’s a smart guy who will figure out ways to make his team win.
I think Andre will be fine or even better than average shooting spot up 3s. His percentage last year was decent. I want to see him learn how to shoot off the dribble though which probably requires some mechanic changes.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah lockdown defenders who play hard will always find a role in the NBA. Not everyone is going to be able to shoot.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I don't have time to write a "Captain Jack" song parody but maybe someone should get on that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom