OT: Cape Cod recommendations | The Boneyard

OT: Cape Cod recommendations

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Heading to the cape with the girlfriend... first time for both of us. We're planning to travel from Hyannis > Orleans > Nauset > Provincetown

What are the must-dos? What are the best places to eat and drink?

We're hitting a lot of beaches and parks because we love the outdoors. Any indoor recommendations in case the weather isn't good?

Thanks all for the feedback!

Reaction Score
Marconi Beach in Wellfleet was always a favorite as was the Beachcomber bar a little bit north on Cahoon Hollow Road. Its right on the water and has beach volleyball. Commercial Street in Provincetown is always an interesting way to spend a couple hours and the Dolphin Fleet can treat you to a spectacular whale watch. The Cape Cod baseball league is the best amateur baseball league around, basically high level college talent. They play in 10 different towns throughout the Cape. Chatham is very beautiful and has great shops if your girlfriend needs a little retail-touristy fix. Have fun and feel free to message me with any questions you may have, I lived there for 3 summers and know the whole Cape pretty well with the exception of Falmouth.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When in Provincetown have a Beer at the Squealing Pig , great local place right on Commercial St
Then have dinner at the Lobster pot , right in the center of town ...

Reaction Score
Agree about the Beachcomber. Favorite spot on the cape. Only thing that gets me there anymore. Check their website.

Reaction Score
I agree about going to The Lobster Pot for dinner. During the day climbing Pilgrim's Monument was always fun for us. On a clear day you get a great view of The Cape from the top. Whale watching is fun. Or rent some bikes in P-Town and ride some of the trails.

Reaction Score
Heading to the cape with the girlfriend... first time for both of us. We're planning to travel from Hyannis > Orleans > Nauset > Provincetown

What are the must-dos? What are the best places to eat and drink?

We're hitting a lot of beaches and parks because we love the outdoors. Any indoor recommendations in case the weather isn't good?

Thanks all for the feedback!
Hope your flying in. Just got back from there, and as bad as the traffic was coming home, it was many times worse going east on the pike, and south on 495. Parking lot.

Reaction Score
Hope your flying in. Just got back from there, and as bad as the traffic was coming home, it was many times worse going east on the pike, and south on 495. Parking lot.
195 from Providence is better if practical

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't use Waze, don't use 195 and ignore anyone who tells you there's a route that will get you there easily during high-traffic times. There's two dinky bridges on and off the island and your app is not going to build a third bridge for you.

You cannot drive onto the Cape in daylight hours on a Friday afternoon or all day Saturday. Even Thursday afternoon has become a cluster.

You cannot leave the Cape on Saturday afternoon or Sunday. If you try to leave on a Sunday afternoon, you will never see your home again.

You need to drive during off-hours if you want to avoid traffic.

Reaction Score
Don't use Waze, don't use 195 and ignore anyone who tells you there's a route that will get you there easily during high-traffic times. There's two dinky bridges on and off the island and your app is not going to build a third bridge for you.

You cannot drive onto the Cape in daylight hours on a Friday afternoon or all day Saturday. Even Thursday afternoon has become a cluster.

You cannot leave the Cape on Saturday afternoon or Sunday. If you try to leave on a Sunday afternoon, you will never see your home again.

Leaving via the Bourne after 4pm on Sundays is usually fine.

Reaction Score

Last year, I beat my sister home by 90 minutes because Waze routed me through RI. So there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom