Can't wait | The Boneyard

Can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AB was totally lost in this game and to top it off he was out hustled to the ball by the white center on Houston on every loose ball. There was one time were AB didn't even crash the boards and just looked. I'm sorry but I'm so through with AB and his weak play and no offense. Yes he can make some great blocks but he has developed nothing else in his 4 years. Love the kid for the St. Joe's game but it is time to turn the page on him and I don't even know who are Center will be next year. LOL! I just know I can't deal with a guy like AB on the floor who brings so little to team especially on offense and rebounding.

Reaction Score
AB was totally lost in this game and to top it off he was out hustled to the ball by the white center on Houston on every loose ball. There was one time were AB didn't even crash the boards and just looked. I'm sorry but I'm so through with AB and his weak play and no offense. Yes he can make some great blocks but he has developed nothing else in his 4 years. Love the kid for the St. Joe's game but it is time to turn the page on him and I don't even know who are Center will be next year. LOL! I just know I can't deal with a guy like AB on the floor who brings so little to team especially on offense and rebounding.

Thanks

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
a 7' guy who cannot average 6 rebounds a game should not be playing. Period.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You folks would be saying the exact same thing about Enoch were he the one with AB's minutes all year long.

Reaction Score
The plays he fails to make don't just hurt the team on the scoreboard, but they're extremely demoralizing as well.

I hate bashing a kid who clearly loves being here (I wish he were a little less happy-go-lucky and a lot more mean-streak), but I look forward to seeing someone else on the court who may be less athletically gifted but actually knows how to play the game.

Reaction Score
Thanks
Just letting you know the weak link. If we had any advantage against Houston it was suppose to be upfront. We sure didn't see that happen in this game and AB is one of the biggest culprits of that.

Reaction Score
If you think the Center position is a disaster this year just wait until next year.
Well at least next year we won't have to count on the Center position for help. We will have lot more offensive options and the Center just needs to play solid D and get us a few rebounds. I expect us to play like Villanova and play small ball most of next year.

Reaction Score
You folks would be saying the exact same thing about Enoch were he the one with AB's minutes all year long.
If you think the Center position is a disaster this year just wait until next year.

The lack of other options does not mean we should abide horrific play.

It means KO needs to get his s*** together on recruiting and developing bigs, or there is a serious ceiling on what this program can accomplish going forward.

Reaction Score

Difference is we've had to deal with the same head scratching with Brimah for 4 years. ZERO offensive improvement. ZERO improvement with his hands. ZERO improvement rebounding. There has been nothing other than his ability to shotblock and change shots to note. In 4 years. Not good.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

It means KO needs to get his s*** together on recruiting and developing bigs, or there is a serious ceiling on what this program can accomplish going forward.

Wow, he obviously hasn't thought about doing a better job recruiting bigs. Someone should just tell him and he'll flip the switch - because it's that easy, right?

Reaction Score

Oh absolutely. I think this shows how badly we need a recruiter that can get big men. Enough of these project big men. Get a recruiter who can go get a top 20 big man every year.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Difference is we've had to deal with the same head scratching with Brimah for 4 years. ZERO offensive improvement. ZERO improvement with his hands. ZERO improvement rebounding. There has been nothing other than his ability to shotblock and change shots to note. In 4 years. Not good.

Only crazy homers look at kids ranked in the 240s nationwide coming in and expect considerable improvement.

"Well, the last center from Africa we had was the #2 overall pick, so..."

Reaction Score
If there were better options don't you think they'd be playing?

When do posters run out of elegibility?
Playing small ball with KF at the center would have been the better option than letting AB on the court. Sorry this was a horrible matchup for him. He can't play against active centers who he has to chase.(The center was moving outside to get picks and swooping back in for big rebounds while AB just starred at him looking totally lifeless). Sorry that was embarrasing.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The only times I really got upset Brimah tonight were when he twice had hands of stone and dropped what should have been a pass leading to a dunk and when he had that ridiculous over the back foul.

Reaction Score
Only crazy homers look at kids ranked in the 240s nationwide coming in and expect considerable improvement.

"Well, the last center from Africa we had was the #2 overall pick, so..."

I absolutely expected that Brimah would improve. He's 7'1 ffs. But he didn't and god it'll be nice to have his low basketball IQ gone soon enough.

The last center from Africa we had IMROVOED. He improved ENOIHGH to get the #2 pick. Brimah isn't even CLOSE to that.

Reaction Score
Wow, he obviously hasn't thought about doing a better job recruiting bigs. Someone should just tell him and he'll flip the switch - because it's that easy, right?
Oh absolutely. I think this shows how badly we need a recruiter that can get big men. Enough of these project big men. Get a recruiter who can go get a top 20 big man every year.

Thank you, Captain Strawmen.

I don't care whether KO knows he needs to do better. I care about results. Can he actually do it? Can he recruit a Top 50 big or develop enough lower-rated bigs that we don't have gaping liabilities on the floor at all times? So far the answer is no.

So far, he's gotten 1.5 seasons of good production from bigs (Miller + half of Facey this year) out of about 15 seasons' worth of post players.

That's 4 years of frustration out of Brimah. Facey useless until this year. Enoch has shown very little nearly 2 years in. I won't even address Nolan or Olander. Or Lubin. Carlton next year we're tripping over ourselves to get excited about a guy who can't see the Top 100 with a telescope.

Something needs to change.

Reaction Score
Yeah tonight was everything that stinks about ab. But he was what, a 2 star recruit that played ball for 2 years. We turned a soccer player into a 3yr starter who blocked a lot of shots and altered some games. His freshman year was his ceiling. Gonna miss his heart but his head will never get bball. I have absolute confidence in Enoch. Very polished on offense and has a lot of spots. He just needs to learn to mark his guy and not foul.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I absolutely expected that Brimah would improve. He's 7'1 ffs. But he didn't and god it'll be nice to have his low basketball IQ gone soon enough.

The last center from Africa we had IMROVOED. He improved ENOIHGH to get the #2 pick. Brimah isn't even CLOSE to that.

Well that's on you for not thinking rationally and setting your expectations accordingly. Better luck next time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I said some similar things in the game thread but bad form to start a thread with this title, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom