CAN'T WAIT FOR SQUID | The Boneyard

CAN'T WAIT FOR SQUID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't wait for Squid to win it all. Then will come the investigation--lengthy though it might be--and he makes it a trifecta. Having already lost his Final Four successes at UMess, and Memphis, this time he takes Kentucky down.

The best part of this story, however, comes when the NCAA eliminates the "one and done" rule and the Squid model for success is permanently buried. Some resemblance to the student athlete concept has to be restored.

Really felt good this am when I read that Bobby Knight opined that Squid should not even be permitted to coach after what he did at UMess and Memphis. I would love to be at the press conference when Squid squirms in being asked to respond to Knight's comments.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this earlier. Would you rather see Wisconsin win, and no penalties for calipari and his time at kentucky (though he never wins another championship), or he wins it all and in three years, this year is vacated and he is forced out of college (but the 2012 championship stands)?

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this earlier. Would you rather see Wisconsin win, and no penalties for calipari and his time at kentucky (though he never wins another championship), or he wins it all and in three years, this year is vacated and he is forced out of college (but the 2012 championship stands)?

I want Squid and Kentucky to be thoroughly disgraced and the athlete only model tossed. Kentucky gets heavily sanctioned and Squid gets banned from the college game. Am I dreaming?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Would you rather see Wisconsin win, and no penalties for calipari and his time at kentucky (though he never wins another championship), or he wins it all and in three years, this year is vacated and he is forced out of college (but the 2012 championship stands)?

My first choice is that Kentucky and Duke both lose so I don't have to hear all those sycophants rejoicing about their teams. Kentucky makes me nauseous for the same reasons as everyone else. Duke I hate because I still hate Laettner, because they never got in any trouble for Maggette taking cash, Lance Thomas getting benefits at a jeweler clearly due to him being a future NBA pick or for Chris Duhon's mother getting a job from a booster in which she was overpaid and under-qualified. I hate Duke because Okafor gets away with more over the back no-calls than any player I've ever seen.
If I don't get my initial wish, I choose KU winning and then vacating the title. I know they'd never make Duke (or UNC eventually) vacate a championship.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Kentucky does get a lot of one-and-dones. They also get a lot of kids who think they are one-and-dones, find out they aren't and then come back for a season or two. That's when they have their best teams.

Reaction Score
I want Squid and Kentucky to be thoroughly disgraced and the athlete only model tossed. Kentucky gets heavily sanctioned and Squid gets banned from the college game. Am I dreaming?

I'm not clear as to what you have in mind as the "athlete-only" model. Are you one of those people who uses the phrase "student athlete" like it means anything other than a way around paying workman's comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom