Can't believe they did this given Stef's injuries | The Boneyard

Can't believe they did this given Stef's injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart...just wow.

Now imagine Breanna as a sophomore, KML as a junior...AND Stef and Bria healthy.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck playing solidly and Breanna Stewart finally living up to her expectations certainly helped! Now I'm afraid for the rest of women's basketball for next season and beyond...!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
BTW, even though Stef was clearly not in the vicinity of 100%, not a bad line for her tonight at all: 12 points on 4-7 shooting, 4-4 from the stripe, six boards, five assists, two steals, two blocks.

Reaction Score
And let's not forget to add Miss Banks into the mix...boooyah!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
We replace 3 with just one, but how that one can put the ball in the hole!!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There was one play that didn't happen that I wished happened and that was Stef's steal and breakaway that she almost completed before Louisville caught up to here. For a moment I believe Stef felt no pain.

Just incredible what UConn did in the tournament with a major player being severely impacted with injuries.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Willis Reid has nothing on Ms Dolson.

Reaction Score
I'm so glad someone recognized Stef's contributions.

She's been a "ROCK" all year and - while she playing through pain - I'm certain she inspired the rest of the team (I know she inspired ME!) What a great kid!

I can't wait to see the "Dynamic Dou" next season.

Reaction Score
We replace 3 with just one, but how that one can put the ball in the hole!!!!

I would say two, Chong, and Banks. Banks will be a big addition.

Geno could play 4 speedsters (Jefferson, Banks, Hartley, and Stewart) and Tuck. Then play up tempo defense, and offense

Reaction Score
You figure Stef was playing hurt, and one of your top guards in Banks out for the season, how badly might the scores have been with everyone healthy.

Reaction Score
For all her goofiness and just plain fun loving personality, that is one tough young lady...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stef's words to an old Knick, "Play 5 minutes? What choo talkin' bout Willis."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I would say two, Chong, and Banks. Banks will be a big addition.

Geno could play 4 speedsters (Jefferson, Banks, Hartley, and Stewart) and Tuck. Then play up tempo defense, and offense

I think Banks will be OK but not great for most of next season - the timing of the injury was late and though she will be back in the fall it will take some time before she gets comfortable physically. And the long competitive and practice layoff will be a big factor by itself. Hopefully by later in the season, she will be stronger and feeling more "in the flow."

It was her right knee that sustained the injury, so for a lefty this will likely impact her explosiveness when she goes up for her lefty layups. (Just like Caroline, who used to love to drive middle and split the defense for right-handed layups, but could not do it much near the end with the multiple surgeries to the left knee.) Now watch her prove me wrong and be one of those freaks of nature, a la Adrian Peterson, with incredible healing powers! :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The strength of the team as it developed after the Big East is that multiple players could step in and perform admirably for big minutes, covering all bases.

The result: with the possible exception of Kiah (whom I suspect will be just fine next year) there were effective combinations that clicked in virtually every situ…I have to revsit the lineup that put away ND at the end of the first half but wasn't it w/o KML who was on the bench with 2?

Steff could sit or play hurt at less than 100% but the beat went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom