Can't Argue, Don't Want To | The Boneyard

Can't Argue, Don't Want To

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd say a bit or more hyperbolic, but the score is the score.

I"t is hard to be surprised by the degree of domination from the UConn Huskies in women’s college basketball anymore. But every once in a while, UConn flexes so hard that it’s legitimately jaw-dropping.

Saturday’s win over Wichita State was one of those moments."

Very short. Couple of sensational pictures.

UConn women’s basketball won a game by 81 points against Wichita State

Reaction Score
I wonder whether Geno would have preferred a somewhat more competitive tune up for the Louisville game.............I would think he would but then again he did get to rest the starters a bit more then he might have otherwise.........

Reaction Score
I think it's a shame we don't have any competition in conference. That being said my biggest issue with competition is we have no true rival.

We certainly had rivals in the past. Tennessee was a great rival then ND to a lesser extent. To have a rival you need a team that beats you maybe consistently or maybe from time to time. Since stewie we're just too dominant to have a rival. I think that hurts.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Big rivalries are a double edged sword. They bring great pleasure when your team wins, and terrible angst when they lose. No doubt that it makes for excitement. Guess UConn's most persistent rival now is mediocrity. When the players speak , they all talk about their personal efforts to improve and to make the team better. Until another program rises up to challenge the Huskies, I will have to settle for that, and the beautiful effort I saw yesterday

Reaction Score
I wonder whether Geno would have preferred a somewhat more competitive tune up for the Louisville game...I would think he would but then again he did get to rest the starters a bit more then he might have otherwise....
Great question. My opinion is that he has control over schedule and at this point (and premeditated after 30+ years of experience) wanted a less physical game so they can build confidence and rest starters before a very good LV team.

Reaction Score
I think it's a shame we don't have any competition in conference. That being said my biggest issue with competition is we have no true rival.

We certainly had rivals in the past. Tennessee was a great rival then ND to a lesser extent. To have a rival you need a team that beats you maybe consistently or maybe from time to time. Since stewie we're just too dominant to have a rival. I think that hurts.
Think you're description of their having a rival is pretty accurate. They do schedule and play (or would) all comers but the closest programs have not been consistently at their level since ND.
This isn't to say they are unbeatable23, as we all saw and remember only too well. But it takes almost a perfect storm for it to happen. Other team Has to play really well, we don't, maybe foul trouble or an injury.
Style wise they seem to have the most trouble with aggressive, high pressure, physical teams.
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom