OT: Canelo test positive for banned substance. | The Boneyard

OT: Canelo test positive for banned substance.

Reaction Score
Clenbuterol to be exact. Don't worry, it entered his system because he has been eating Mexican beef........

Reaction Score
The Mexican beef being tainted is a real issue but Canelo makes close to 20 million per fight, plus huge enforcement deals and spends a lot of time in San Diego, California. I’m not buying the beef excuse. He has known about the beef problem for several years and has more than enough money and resources to avoid getting tainted food.

Reaction Score
The Mexican beef being tainted is a real issue but Canelo makes close to 20 million per fight, plus huge enforcement deals and spends a lot of time in San Diego, California. I’m not buying the beef excuse. He has known about the beef problem for several years and has more than enough money and resources to avoid getting tainted food.

He's moving his camp to san Diego where he always trains after this incident. He's going to be tested even more rigorous after this test. I'll give him the benefit of a doubt if he test cleanly from here on out.

I'm a big GGG supporter too

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s absolutely an issue with Chinese and Mexican livestock. They do treat their livestock with steroids to increase the yield.

It’s so prevalent an issue that if you know you’re getting tested for a $25,000,000 payday and you’re still eating the stuff, you might be too dumb to box.

WADA says that you are responsible for what’s in your body. If that’s steroids, it’s steroids, no matter how it got there.

Boxing, being boxing, will ignore this.

Reaction Score
He always trains in San Diego. This time he moves his camp to Mexico and winds up with trace elements of a drug (actually not a steroid) known to help cut weight while maintaining muscle and aiding breathing......but sure.

But since it happended in Mexico, and why would he know this was once a problem in Mexico.......not like he was born there.......he has a plausible excuse.

Reaction Score
It’s absolutely an issue with Chinese and Mexican livestock. They do treat their livestock with steroids to increase the yield.

It’s so prevalent an issue that if you know you’re getting tested for a $25,000,000 payday and you’re still eating the stuff, you might be too dumb to box.

WADA says that you are responsible for what’s in your body. If that’s steroids, it’s steroids, no matter how it got there.

Boxing, being boxing, will ignore this.

Yeah probably better to outright cancel the biggest fight that can be made in the sport due to trace amounts of a drug used to cut weight. Right as always, Fish.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Canelo is suspended for 6 months, so he is able to return in September. Will he fight GGG in September or will De La Hoya ask for a tune-up fight delaying it again?

In the meantime, GGG will indeed fight May 5th vs Vanes. Some people are complaining about his opponent, but nobody to blame except Canelo.

Reaction Score
Besides, go look up the substance and it should be immediately clear that they are not loading up cows with the stuff. Widely used across bodybuilding, known as Clen, for maintaining (if not gaining) muscle mass while losing fat

Reaction Score
Some give the benefit of the doubt to those they like, others no way will never get that benefit. I'm a triple G fan and I don't want him in the ring with Canelo until triple G's camp is totally satisfied there is no advantage. Canelo's camp or sombody knows this ain't no accident the guy has been doing this a long time .

Reaction Score
I doubt this fight happens this year. Canelo wants no part of GGG in a fair fight. He waits one more year as GGG is one year older and slower, maybe he fights him in May of 2019. Canelo can make money (albeit less money) against anyone.

Reaction Score
I doubt this fight happens this year. Canelo wants no part of GGG in a fair fight. He waits one more year as GGG is one year older and slower, maybe he fights him in May of 2019. Canelo can make money (albeit less money) against anyone.
Canelo is not ducking GGG

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I do not buy the Mexican beef excuse, even though it is a legit issue that usually pops up in lower level athletes in Mexico. Sounds like Canelo was looking for any edge for this fight knowing he lost the first, but once again got a gift scorecard in Nevada.

I am actually disappointed in GGG for selecting Vanes as his opponent. Given, not many middleweights would take this fight on short notice and the two that would, Andrade and Derevyanchenko, offer little reward and high risk for GGG at this point in his career and quest to unify the division. In no way is this GGG fault and it would be a shame if the IBF strips him for not fighting Derevyanchenko.

Last edited:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Canelo is not ducking GGG

The fight is not happening this year. Canelo will need a "tune up" fight just like when he first won the MW belt from Super Welterweight Cotto.

As for ducking...that may be a bit strong, but he is definitely doing everything he can to avoid GGG. After winning the belt he fought at catchweights under the the 160 limit because he was "too small" and needed time to get up to 160, even though he naturally bigger than GGG. After finally being ordered to fight GGG he gave him the belt rather than fight him in an attempt to buy time and let GGG age. He is going to try the same tactic coming off his suspension I would bet.

Reaction Score
They want no part of GGG on even ground. Now the IBF strips GGG even though his proposed opponent didn't ask to have him stripped.

Reaction Score
They want no part of GGG on even ground. Now the IBF strips GGG even though his proposed opponent didn't ask to have him stripped.
I've lost all respect for Canelo. He dodged GGG until he had aged and lost some on his fastball. Somehow he gets the bogus split decision and now he's completely ducking GGG until he's over the hill. I feel so badly for Gennady, this is what stinks about boxing.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yeah not a good day for GGG. I wonder who he will fight next, now.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The rematch is just a few days away. It seems Canelo is "slimmer" this time around.... I hope GGG comes away as the clear winner.

Reaction Score
The rematch is just a few days away. It seems Canelo is "slimmer" this time around.... I hope GGG comes away as the clear winner.

Canelo looks way better this time around! There is no way he can knock GGG out but I really think he has a good chance of out boxing him to get a decision.

Reaction Score
Canelo looks way better this time around! There is no way he can knock GGG out but I really think he has a good chance of out boxing him to get a decision.

That's got to be his gameplan. Out box GGG and win on the cards. I think GGG isn't going to be as conservative as the first fight and will be more active/ aggressive early on. Not sure Canelo will be able to withstand the punishment for 12 rounds and will wear down.

I think this goes 12 and it's a split decision for GGG. If it doesn't go the distance that means GGG ended the fight early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom