Candace Parker to be inducted to Hall Of Fame | The Boneyard

Candace Parker to be inducted to Hall Of Fame

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Uh, that would be the University of Tennessee Athletics Hall of Fame.

That honor is well deserved. She had a great career in Knoxville.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes it's the University OF Tennessee HOF. The basketball HOF will be at a later date.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes it's the University OF Tennessee HOF. The basketball HOF will be at a later date.
Maybe, we will see. Woman's Hall of Fame wouldn't surprise me. Naismith would.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Maybe, we will see. Woman's Hall of Fame wouldn't surprise me. Naismith would.
No doubt about the women's Hall Of Fame. That's a first ballot lock. Nasmith I think she will get in there. A great career in college and WNBA, and USA team.

CL82

Reaction Score
No doubt about the women's Hall Of Fame. That's a first ballot lock. Nasmith I think she will get in there. A great career in college and WNBA, and USA team.
I think that's fair. I'm just not clear of the criteria they use for woman for Naismith since it is a relatively new development.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think that's fair. I'm just not clear of the criteria they use for woman for Naismith since it is a relatively new development.
There are a few WNBA players in Nasmith HOF.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
There are a few WNBA players in Nasmith HOF.

Some recent inductees include Katie Smith, Tina Thompson and TSpoon. Parker has by far the best resume out of those 4, and she isn't finished playing yet.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Some recent inductees include Katie Smith, Tina Thompson and TSpoon. Parker has by far the best resume out of those 4, and she isn't finished playing yet.
Agreed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I hope that a kind moderator can edit the thread title, lest people think it's THE Hall of Fame.

A player can't be nominated to the WBHOF until she's 3 years into retirement. For Naismith it's 4 years.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I hope that a kind moderator can edit the thread title, lest people think it's THE Hall of Fame.

A player can't be nominated to the WBHOF until she's 3 years into retirement. For Naismith it's 4 years.
Yes sorry I tried to edit the title. It would only let me edit the message.

Reaction Score

But not the best resume of those players not yet inducted. I can think of at least 3 Huskies currently playing in the WNBA with better ones. As with most HOFs, the question of being admitted generally has a lot to do with who you are competing with for induction in any given year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes sorry I tried to edit the title. It would only let me edit the message.

Correct. Once you enter the title on a thread, you can't edit it. So be sure the title is as you wish it to be. The only thing you can do is DELETE the entire thread, and do it over. There was a time you could edit the title, but not any more. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So it begins

Come on, it's just common sense that a candidate's odds of being elected to any HOF is highly dependent on who else is eligible for consideration. Look at the Baseball HOF process and the year to year results. For example, Parker's odds of being elected in a given year would be considerably less if DT was also eligible that year. My only point is that those eligible for election have a greater impact on the process then those candidates already elected.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Since Catchings is retired. It's easier to know when she is HOF eligible. Bird, Taurasi, Parker are all first ballot ones.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
But not the best resume of those players not yet inducted. I can think of at least 3 Huskies currently playing in the WNBA with better ones. As with most HOFs, the question of being admitted generally has a lot to do with who you are competing with for induction in any given year.

They're all going to get in..

Reaction Score
No doubt that she’ll be inducted into Naismith given her basketball resumé on all levels.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe the offer should be rescinded after this clunker. ;)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Maybe they should rescind a chance of LeBron James HOF. Since he's 3-6 in the finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom