Candace Parker signs a deal with Turner sports | The Boneyard

Candace Parker signs a deal with Turner sports

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Very soon, Candace Parker will make regular appearances in your living room!

The 10-year WNBA veteran with the Los Angeles Sparks has signed a deal with Turner Sports. The two-time league MVP and 2016 WNBA champion will be a commentator for NBA ad NCAA games.

The “multi-faceted role” will have Parker providing analysis and commentary for powerhouse basketball broadcast, NBA on TNT. Additionally, Parker will join the Players Onlystudio crew for programs airing on TNT and NBA TV. According to the press release from Turner Sports:

[Story]

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Saw her on air this past week. She did VERY well. She presented herself and her game insights in a calm and positive way. Good for her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes. She was paired with 2 male commentators in studio and 1 commentator at game site and they were all commenting in real time on the game (pretty weird setup) . The male commentators kept her well involved in the discussions. Of course, at times, she needed to compete in the slang arena but she handled herself pretty well.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good news :} She won't be playing overseas anymore.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Very soon, Candace Parker will make regular appearances in your living room!

The 10-year WNBA veteran with the Los Angeles Sparks has signed a deal with Turner Sports. The two-time league MVP and 2016 WNBA champion will be a commentator for NBA ad NCAA games.

The “multi-faceted role” will have Parker providing analysis and commentary for powerhouse basketball broadcast, NBA on TNT. Additionally, Parker will join the Players Onlystudio crew for programs airing on TNT and NBA TV. According to the press release from Turner Sports:

[Story]

Good for her. I know she's not a favorite on here, but she was excellent during the NCAA tournament this year as a commentator and her presence will help create more exposure and respect for women's basketball.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Good for her. I know she's not a favorite on here, but she was excellent during the NCAA tournament this year as a commentator and her presence will help create more exposure and respect for women's basketball.

Bingo, on all points.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I posted it because it’s news. There are some folks here that like to be informed. I understand there may be a few BY’s that don’t care for her. Parker never did anything to me. I have no reason to dislike her. She’s ok with me, I’m a Sparks fan.

I did not add any personal comments, observations or anecdotes. 100% cut and paste. A very wise and logical man once said “ The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few”

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I posted it because it’s news. There are some folks here that like to be informed. I understand there may be a few BY’s that don’t care for her. Parker never did anything to me. I have no reason to dislike her. She’s ok with me, I’m a Sparks fan. A very wise and logical man once said “ The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few”

I don’t read anyone criticizing your posting this news tidbit. But I understand why your response is as it is. She’s a bit of a lightening rod here. As a broadcaster, I appreciate her talent and initiative. As a WNBA fan, I find joy in every shot she misses. Her on court demeanor just rubs me the wrong way. And I understand that counts for pretty much nothing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Candace. She is knowledgeable and attractive. She certainly has name recognition and has a WNBA Championship and Olympic Gold on her resume. At her age, she probably has just a few good years of playing time left.

I'm one of those who is bothered by her inconsistent effort and attitude on the court, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as a broadcaster. One of my favorite broadcasters is another former Lady Vol, Kara Lawson. One of the things I like about Kara is her self-deprecating sense of humor. I hope Candace shows a sense of humor too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom