Cancelled. | The Boneyard

Cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
The latest storm track shows Irma going more westerly over FL. I assume this is a big part of the decision.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
After the Florida game was changed and then cancelled, I kind of figured this.

Reaction Score
"As I noted in my comments yesterday, the safety and well-being of our students, staff and coaches is our paramount concern. Several large areas of the state are under evacuation orders, including portions of the Tampa Bay area. After consultation with university leadership and outside agencies, I believe it is not appropriate for our team to travel at this time."

I want to extend our gratitude to the University of Connecticut and the American Athletic Conference for their compassion and understanding. Our thoughts are with all of those impacted by the hurricane.
"
Correct decision most adults, at least reasonable adults, likely understand and support. It's just a game!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Bought through ticket galaxy, I should get a full refund, right?

C

Chief00

This is beyond illogical. I know if you are in a position of authority at UConn you must say the politically correct but insane blah, blah, blah. But, The Chief is not restrained by such limitations - I can call it logically. They could leave before the storm, avoid the storm and then go home when it's safe. Michael Aresco's leadership looks weak but no one wants to be logical when the Ms Judy Genshaft, President at USF, is acting 100% emotional. Who wants to be accused of putting lives at risk and being insensitive to the hardships of others? Unfortunately, the soccer mom culture has invaded football as I warned last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This is beyond illogical. I know if you are in a position of authority at UConn you must say the politically correct but insane blah, blah, blah. But, The Chief is not restrained by such limitations - I can call it logically. They could leave before the storm, avoid the storm and then go home when it's safe. Michael Aresco's leadership looks weak but no one wants to be logical when the Ms Judy Gendhaft, President at USF, is acting 100% emotional. Who wants to be accused of putting lives at risk and being insensitive to hardships of others. Unfortunately, the soccer mom culture has invaded football as I warned last season.

This is, by far, the dumbest thing you have ever posted, which is a miracle in and of itself

C

Chief00

This is, by far, the dumbest thing you have ever posted, which is a miracle in and of itself

You just don't have a sufficient IQ to process anything more complex than a cement block.

Reaction Score
This is beyond illogical. I know if you are in a position of authority at UConn you must say the politically correct but insane blah, blah, blah. But, The Chief is not restrained by such limitations - I can call it logically. They could leave before the storm, avoid the storm and then go home when it's safe. Michael Aresco's leadership looks weak but no one wants to be logical when the Ms Judy Gendhaft, President at USF, is acting 100% emotional. Who wants to be accused of putting lives at risk and being insensitive to the hardships of others? Unfortunately, the soccer mom culture has invaded football as I warned last season.

Dude it's a football game. Relax. Seems a little insignificant next to a category 5 hurricane.

Reaction Score
This actually makes more sense than the plan to move the game then muck around with the halftime. You could argue that it makes more sense to get them out of there but that has its own optics problems. I hope we don't miss the AAC title game by 1/2 game but I hope USF does.

Reaction Score

Care to explain why his statement is so dumb? I don't get it either. Are there other teams from Florida that have away games that are canceling their trips or is it just USF? They cited impending evacuations. They were scheduled to evacuate and now they're scheduled to stay.

C

Chief00

Dude it's a football game. Relax. Seems a little insignificant next to a category 5 hurricane.
That's why you should want to leave the area and not rush back. It's called evacuation. What don't you understand?

Reaction Score
This is beyond illogical. I know if you are in a position of authority at UConn you must say the politically correct but insane blah, blah, blah. But, The Chief is not restrained by such limitations - I can call it logically. They could leave before the storm, avoid the storm and then go home when it's safe. Michael Aresco's leadership looks weak but no one wants to be logical when the Ms Judy Gendhaft, President at USF, is acting 100% emotional. Who wants to be accused of putting lives at risk and being insensitive to the hardships of others? Unfortunately, the soccer mom culture has invaded football as I warned last season.

In all seriousness, I don't know if your act is some kind of shtick or attempt at humor. If it is, good for you. You get a rise out of people and you must get off on that.

If what you post on these boards is really your thought process...........oh man!

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
So UCF and Memphis can play a game in Orlando on Friday night but USF can't play a game in Connecticut Saturday morning? I don't really get it. They couldn't move it to Friday? It's a conference game. They don't have to reschedule it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom