OT: - Canadian Athletic Conferences & Universities | The Boneyard

OT: Canadian Athletic Conferences & Universities

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I work in the hockey and athletic trainers markets and come across some neat things from time to time.

An invitation to a Canadian University Athletics trade show came my way today and this map blew my mind.

It's always amazing how focused we are with college athletics and conferences here in the U.S.
But if you look at the map below it appears that our neighbours to the north have things pretty tidied up.

I wish it could be this simple for us again.
Like Hockey East is.

upload_2018-2-26_16-29-15.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know but I assume this set-up is mandated by the government. Why do you hate freedom?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Why would you assume I hate freedom? I just missed the days of significant regional rivalries. You remember, it was called the (original) Big East. Some people say it was a pretty good conference, but I guess that's just nostalgia.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
They aren't beholden to the almighty $ (or the Canuckian equivalent)

Reaction Score
Sure, and the great majority of Canadian university athletics programs are almost exclusively Div III equivalents at best, travel by bus to nearby schools, don't offer athletic scholarships, etc. A single exception exists, NCAA-member Simon Fraser in BC, but even then they are sort of Div II-ish at best. UBC considered joining Simon Fraser, but stuck with the Canadian amateur model. In Mexico, Mexicali's CETYS has considered joining a California Div II conference.

Reaction Score
I work in the hockey and athletic trainers markets and come across some neat things from time to time.

An invitation to a Canadian University Athletics trade show came my way today and this map blew my mind.

It's always amazing how focused we are with college athletics and conferences here in the U.S.
But if you look at the map below it appears that our neighbours to the north have things pretty tidied up.

I wish it could be this simple for us again.
Like Hockey East is.

View attachment 28932
Well it doesn't look like they have anyone in the Yukon Territory, so maybe they'd take a look at us. How's the RSEQ TV contract?

Reaction Score
I like the french division...They are hardcore....website isn't in english.
tirer le coach

Reaction Score
I have absolutely no reason to think this other than they are a quality AAU school in a massive market, but I've always thought the Big Ten would try to convince the University of Toronto to do what it needed to do for the conference to petition the NCAA to allow the B1G to add the Varsity Blues as a member.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom