SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Merriam-Webster: competitor - Kia Nurse; see illustration below
upload_2018-2-1_23-37-4.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO, Pound for pound, one of the toughest players of all time

I'd love to see a compilation of clips of Kia going toe-to-toe on the court over the last 3+ seasons. Is there anyone--anyone--in all of women's BB (college, pro, national, international, backyard) who digs so hard every game? Maybe we should institute a "Kia goes to the floor" watch? On average, she does it at least 3x a game.

p.s. It should be noted that in the image provided, Kia is not merely fighting for possession of a loose ball, she's fending off a 6'5" NPOY candidate.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'd love to see a compilation of clips of Kia going toe-to-toe on the court over the last 3+ seasons. Is there anyone--anyone--in all of women's BB (college, pro, national, international, backyard) who digs so hard every game?
Yes. Her teammate Gabby Williams- who is an inch shorter than Kia and plays in the post.

Reaction Score
Still remember fondly her extremely curt (especially for Kia) answer to a silly question from the peanut gallery about her ankle last year in one of interviews - probably pre-game since she'd been rehabbing for a while as I recall. She couldn't STAND being on the bench, no matter how good the reason, and was NOT going to talk about it anymore. PERIOD. I was so unlike the usually garrulous Kia - she sure got her point across. What a driven competitor.

Reaction Score
Tough yes, and a great senior leader of this team. I knew she would have a great game last night. Calm and confident, she set the pace.
Yes, wonder who will play this role next year but enjoying what we have now.

Reaction Score
I love how emotional she allows herself to be when she plays, and how this year she channels it all so constructively to lift the team.

Case in point is the way she stood up for Pheesa late in this year's Note Dame game when Marina Mabrey got a little bit physical post-whistle after turning over the ball. That one even got cool cat Collier clapping her hands on the sideline!

No bodyguard on the floor for your teammate? No problem Kia Nurse!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom