Can you imaging doing this for a living | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can you imaging doing this for a living

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Never is an interesting concept

In intense watching UConn football since 1998, I have seen Temple ... Rutgers ... Memphis ... Duke - all had extraordinarily poor Programs and worse prospects than the State of the UConn Program on January 2019. It’s hard to compose a compelling response to DiMauro after what we witnessed this Fall. The WORST Defense in FBS history; and it looked it. I would argue, however, that UConn’s lowest point was in an earlier Diaco year. The Fix has started; Diaco had no capacity.

I hate DiMauro and what he represents. We - he & I - have a personal respectful correspondence going back years. But the buff BC rooter stole what New England needed: a robust State University playing big time football. A Catholic elitist moody zip code school does not give the NE CFB fan what was possible.

The only thing Benedict et al can do us grind out this next day. I do not believe you should bet against a rocking 40,000 Rent; then ... if we had a Hartford PapaJohn (which doesn’t seem to grow in NutmegLand), we’d have a different construct.

LOL. Come to a game sometime. I’ll pay.

C

Chief00

I just can’t wait for the quote DB is gonna make when he sees this year’s season ticket totals lol. If he thought last year was bad...
I know, I need to reconnect with my group and at this point it’s hard to justify the seat donation. After 7 years or is it 8 - it’s tough to advocate for patience.

Reaction Score
I just can’t wait for the quote DB is gonna make when he sees this year’s season ticket totals lol. If he thought last year was bad...
The Rent was rocking the night of the Michigan game. Since then it's been all down hill with a few exceptions. They had something here, and they screwed the pooch. Part of it was conference realignment, but you make your own breaks, and now the place is dead almost.

Reaction Score
LOL. Come to a game sometime. I’ll pay.

My world is full of guys that swoop in after bank foreclosure or just some entrepreneurs giving up ... and building up anew. It’s Diaco that crapped out. I still feel pulling in Edsall was a rare seed of renewal. You cannot play big boy football playing 6-8 true freshmen on D. Despite some protests, I think we had to do that in 2018.

Whining here doesn’t deserve respect ... go kick your dog. There are many examples of Programs rising from worse circumstances.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. Even the opener vs UCF had 23k last year. And I know Memphis isn't LSU or any other brand name. But if UConn is decent and they're playing a top 25 team, it'll draw 25k.
Agree

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The team we play is important but not essential to fan turnout - it is the experience. It is overwhelmingly frustrating to attend so many home games and lose - and overwhelmingly amazing that so many people have stayed fans with so much bad news over so long.

Once we start to win, people will come back. Connecticut loves winners. When UCONN wins, people will come back.

Reaction Score
Win against South Florida on goal line stance was pinnacle of program. Now please shut this embarrassment of a program down and try to save basketball by going to BE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom