Can we stop with the left right left chant | The Boneyard

Can we stop with the left right left chant

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I know that players probably don't even notice it when they are on the line, but I swear that stupid chant yesterday affected Bouknight. He bricked that free throw worse than any miss he's had from the line all season. Opposing players definitely play to the crowd and time it so these morons are screaming while we're shooting free throws.

There, I said it.....

Reaction Score
I know that players probably don't even notice it when they are on the line, but I swear that stupid chant yesterday affected Bouknight. He bricked that free throw worse than any miss he's had from the line all season. Opposing players definitely play to the crowd and time it so these morons are screaming while we're shooting free throws.

There, I said it.....

Thank you. You could easily argue that the crowd cost us the game at that moment. Yeah, lots of other things did too, but ....

Seriously -- if you're so stupid to be taunting another team's player when one of our players has been handed the ball and is on the line, you need to consider whether you're too stupid to attend a basketball game in person.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thank you. You could easily argue that the crowd cost us the game at that moment. Yeah, lots of other things did too, but ....

Seriously -- if you're so stupid to be taunting another team's player when one of our players has been handed the ball and is on the line, you need to consider whether you're too stupid to attend a basketball game in person.
Don’t think that’s why he missed it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

There, I said it.....
Lol stay home

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
No. The pearl clutchers on here are getting ridiculous. LSUs regular football chant goes something like “ayyyooo suck my D!%k”. Let the students have fun. In fact we need to be looking for ways to make the games more fun to attract more students.

Reaction Score

There, I said it.....
Love the chant. Bouk needs to learn how to zone the noise out... so does the rest of the team since we can't win road games...

Reaction Score
People have reading comprehension issues..... OP isn't against insulting chants, just ones that might affect our team.

He's partially right too, no one should be yelling while our team is shooting free throws.
I doubt it really helps when it gets pindrop quiet all of the sudden at Cameron Indoor either.

Reaction Score

There, I said it.....
That bugged me too!

Reaction Score
Don’t think that’s why he missed it.

No way of knowing. But he looked extremely confident on each of his other foul shots, and on that one his body language was different and he wasn't even close. It looked like he was waiting for idiots to scream at the Shocker on the bench.

I'll make it easier for some of you. When you scream "sit down" when your own team is shooting a foul shot because the opponent is purposely not sitting down until you screaming at him may distract your shooter, you're letting yourself be manipulated by a 19 year old. That's not telling you not to have fun. Yell whatever you want that doesn't get you thrown out. That's just requesting that you not let your stupidity make it harder for the Huskies to win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I find it dumb. I also don't care. The morality police on here are getting over the top. I like it when Chief posted 100x a day better--at least he's funny.
Its a reflection of the snowflake society we're living in. Men have been...actually im going to keep that to myself.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This chant always makes me smile. Especially when the camera follows the kid leaving the court and that player starts walking faster/slower.

If it affected Bouk then shame on Bouk.

But really, shame on Carlton for that last free throw. It.was.free!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom