Can we stop with Dan O, Corey, Lashlee or TJ Weist HC suggestions? | The Boneyard

Can we stop with Dan O, Corey, Lashlee or TJ Weist HC suggestions?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Dan O has a young family and a cushy job with ESPN. HE loves UConn football but he ain't coming back to be a coach.
Corey isn't going to be the HC. He is just in the infancy of his career.
Lashlee- if he was such a wonder coach, why has he not been a HC since he left here? Bobby Lashley has a better shot at the HC position.
TJ had 3 good games years ago - if we didn't consider him then and he hasn't been an HC since, why now?

A good manager knows who fills the role if there is a vacancy. Benedict has the names but will enlist a recruiting firm to finally find the right guy. I think it will be a break from RE but someone who knows the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Bill O'Brien, Bob Chesney, and GJ Kinne are some people I'd consider.

Reaction Score
Bill O'Brien, Bob Chesney, and GJ Kinne are some people I'd consider.
O’Brien can land a P5 job if he is a college coach after this year at Bama. That is where the Sabal tree sends people.

what is UConn going to pay and how much will they pay for coordinators?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the love of God some of you need to expand your thinking beyond whether or not the candidate had some prior connection to Uconn. There are other coaches out there besides Jomo, TJ Weist, & Don Brown. One of which ain't coming, another shouldn't be a candidate, and the other is 100 years old. Dan Orlovsky is not even a coach so he shouldn't even warrant consideration. Successful offensive minded FCS or lower level G5 Head Coaches is where the search should start and hopefully end.

Reaction Score
O’Brien can land a P5 job if he is a college coach after this year at Bama. That is where the Sabal tree sends people.

Benedict knew what happened yesterday was coming. He also knew that showing RE the door yesterday would cause more problems than it solved. Doing what he did let’s Edsall leave with dignity but more importantly it gives DB and the BOT time to find the right guy and several months to raise enough money to get the right guy, and the right guy’s choices for DC,OC, and assistant coaches.

Reaction Score

DB and the BOT have several months now to raise the cash. That being said I’d be very pleasantly surprised if O’Brien considered an offer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The only thing I want a recruiting firm to do is get candidates backgrounds and any low lying red flags.

I trust AD DB to call me up with a list of 5-6 candidates to present to a firm to get than I dona firm giving ng AD DB a list of candidates they have on mind.

In other words I want AD DB driving the bus and a firm supporting him. I don't want a firm taking the lead and AD DB getting their chopped list.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Kiffen ended up in ULL. O'Brien is way better than Kiffen and can have his pick of most P5 jobs.

Reaction Score
Dan O has a young family and a cushy job with ESPN. HE loves UConn football but he ain't coming back to be a coach.
Corey isn't going to be the HC. He is just in the infancy of his career.
Lashlee- if he was such a wonder coach, why has he not been a HC since he left here? Bobby Lashley has a better shot at the HC position.
TJ had 3 good games years ago - if we didn't consider him then and he hasn't been an HC since, why now?

A good manager knows who fills the role if there is a vacancy. Benedict has the names but will enlist a recruiting firm to finally find the right guy. I think it will be a break from RE but someone who knows the Northeast.
If you are suggesting these names, or Don Brown, you do not want UConn football to succeed.

Reaction Score
All I hope for his we don’t waste money on a search firm process. What a waste.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
All I hope for his we don’t waste money on a search firm process. What a waste.
Mostly everyone uses them to vet the candidates. It is better to have your own list of candidates than rely on the search firm- all they care about is the commission.

Reaction Score
I'm going to throw a name out here just before anyone else says it.

Would be interesting to get John Marinelli on the staff in some capacity. Maybe QB coach? He's coached D1 prospects. He's going into his third year of FBS experience and he's a modern offensive thinker.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I'm going to throw a name out here just before anyone else says it.

Would be interesting to get John Marinelli on the staff in some capacity. Maybe QB coach? He's coached D1 prospects. He's going into his third year of FBS experience and he's a modern offensive thinker.
agree with this. There's a lot more talent in the FCIAC than people realize and I think its important to have some kind of connection that could potentially lead to getting some of these players to stay home rather than be back ups at big time programs. Off the top of my head, I believe Drew Pyne (New Cananna) is the 3rd string QB at Notre Dame and I didn't see Jah Joyner (Danbury) get in for Minnesota against Ohio; although he is only a RS freshman. Morale of the story, getting at least some kids to stay home would, at the very least, help change the perception of uconn football in the state.

Reaction Score
Py
agree with this. There's a lot more talent in the FCIAC than people realize and I think its important to have some kind of connection that could potentially lead to getting some of these players to stay home rather than be back ups at big time programs. Off the top of my head, I believe Drew Pyne (New Cananna) is the 3rd string QB at Notre Dame and I didn't see Jah Joyner (Danbury) get in for Minnesota against Ohio; although he is only a RS freshman. Morale of the story, getting at least some kids to stay home would, at the very least, help change the perception of uconn football in the state.
Pyne is 2nd just lost out to Coan the transfer

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Py

Pyne is 2nd just lost out to Coan the transfer
gotcha. But my overall point is that there is talent in CT and i think its important that the next coach find some way to at least get a couple of them to stay home. I know, its not easy, but i don't think its a horrible place to start.

Reaction Score
gotcha. But my overall point is that there is talent in CT and i think its important that the next coach find some way to at least get a couple of them to stay home. I know, its not easy, but i don't think its a horrible place to start.
thats a someday thing. we need to build a foundtation before we start convincing some of these kids to stay home

Reaction Score
Morale of the story, getting at least some kids to stay home would, at the very least, help change the perception of uconn football in the state.
But my overall point is that there is talent in CT and i think its important that the next coach find some way to at least get a couple of them to stay home. I know, its not easy, but i don't think its a horrible place to start.

The P5/P4 draw will always be strong but win and they will come…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom