Can We Sign For It Today??? | The Boneyard

Can We Sign For It Today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we can improve our lot. Of course I'd love us winning the AAC and being the G5 champion picked for a BCS bowl (whatever they are called now), but short of that - and I don't believe we will be in that position - I would love it if the B1G or ACC can't fill their bowl allotments and we somehow get tabbed to play in the Pinstripe bowl against one of SU, RU, BC, or Miami. It's a pipe dream, I know.

Reaction Score
I think we can improve our lot. Of course I'd love us winning the AAC and being the G5 champion picked for a BCS bowl (whatever they are called now), but short of that - and I don't believe we will be in that position - I would love it if the B1G or ACC can't fill their bowl allotments and we somehow get tabbed to play in the Pinstripe bowl against one of SU, RU, BC, or Miami. It's a pipe dream, I know.

Playing App St in some 3rd rate bowl game in Orlando means that we would have at 6 wins.

Where do I sign?

Reaction Score
Realistically, I think we need 7 wins for a guaranteed bowl invite. Temple got snubbed last year at 6 and it could happen again.

Only way we are a lock for a bowl at 6 wins is if the AAC champ gets the G5 bid.

Reaction Score
Realistically, I think we need 7 wins for a guaranteed bowl invite. Temple got snubbed last year at 6 and it could happen again.

Could, but that's why the AAC added more bowls and tie-ins.

Reaction Score

Only way we are a lock for a bowl at 6 wins is if the AAC champ gets the G5 bid.

While I generally agree with you, if the AAC continues on its current trend with solid challenges against the P5, we might be ok with 6 considering how many bowls (however dumpy they are) we have access to. There are 4 teams in the AAC that are getting top 25 votes in the AP poll. No one is in the top 25 of course, but I can't remember the last time we had 4 teams receiving votes.

Reaction Score
While I generally agree with you, if the AAC continues on its current trend with solid challenges against the P5, we might be ok with 6 considering how many bowls (however dumpy they are) we have access to. There are 4 teams in the AAC that are getting top 25 votes in the AP poll. No one is in the top 25 of course, but I can't remember the last time we had 4 teams receiving votes.

Problem is that for the bowls, it really doesn't matter how well we play. It matters how well we draw. A 6-6 UConn team competing with, say, a 7-5 MAC or MWC team would have nothing to do with who we beat. It would have everything to do with the expectation of who will pack the stadium more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom