Can We Please Change the Player Signing Window? | The Boneyard

Can We Please Change the Player Signing Window?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
All these coaching moves during the season are ridiculous. Move early signing to February. The players and fans invest a lot in their teams and yet by the time the payoff comes (playoffs/bowls) the players/fans don’t even get the same team and same competition they have been building towards.

Reaction Score
I very much enjoy the chaos we've gotten this year with coaching changes. But that's probably because it was a distraction from the very painful on field product.

Reaction Score
All these coaching moves during the season are ridiculous. Move early signing to February. The players and fans invest a lot in their teams and yet by the time the payoff comes (playoffs/bowls) the players/fans don’t even get the same team and same competition they have been building towards.
So you want to move early signing period back to the regular signing period?

Reaction Score
Early signing period should be in august and then the second signing period can begin in February

Reaction Score
Easier solution. Bar NCAA institutions from talking to and hiring a coach under contract to another NCAA institution until their season is over. If pro teams don’t steal coaches during the season, it is utterly bizarre that non-profit sports teams are allowed to do this.

Reaction Score
Either what @AD DB Burner or @businesslawyer suggested. Do I take your comment as a defense of the status quo, and if so, why?
Just clarifying what you were suggesting. I always thought the early signing period was dumb before it even started. Even more dumb when they had the early signing period had these kids sign and all of a sudden their HC or position coach left days after they signed.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Just clarifying what you were suggesting. I always thought the early signing period was dumb before it even started. Even more dumb when they had the early signing period had these kids sign and all of a sudden their HC or position coach left days after they signed.
Got it. I didn’t have anything specific in mind other than it isn’t working. The other two posters had good suggestions though…maybe just getting rid of the early period makes the most sense given the coaching turnover we are seeing.

Reaction Score
The situation is more complicated with early enrollees and the transfer portal. I’m not sure this is the correct solution, but it appears schools have decided to change coaches much earlier now due to deal with the portal and early signees.

Reaction Score
Second signing period is still in Feb. Not sure what the issue here is. There are plenty of kids all across the country who are locked in on where they are going and want the process to be over.

Reaction Score
That's how it used to be and smaller teams got really screwed by bigger teams coming in late and stealing the best recruits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom