Can we go independent? | The Boneyard

Can we go independent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd rather go that route than have to schedule Tulane.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No. It would be a disaster and a superhighway to irrelevancy.

Reaction Score
We should park bball in the A-10 and go indy in football, we can do it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
once again the freak out climbing to high standards quick.

the worst possible outcome in all of this is us in a crappy acc. but i'll play the game for a minute. lets say the b10 says no and the acc goes bye bye. well we can play temple/cincy/usf and other nbe teams in fbllall and park mour bball with gtown/sju/nova. no a10 bull crap u guys are talking about. freak out....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why? We can then go and schedule better teams, navy does it, byu does it, we should too.

Not how it works. UConn will be selling guarantee games to Alabama and LSU to get our heads bashed in, and the only home and homes we will get will be Idaho, New Mexico State and MAC teams.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
No. It would be a disaster and a superhighway to irrelevancy.

I'd argue it's just switching lanes on that highway at this point.

Reaction Score
I say we just show up to Gampel and the Rent and just throw at whatever team we are playing. Let's treat others like the way we've been treated. Let out the frustration of the past 10 years since this decade long wedgie began. We'd get bad press for it but we can say we learned the manners from our elders and role models, the ACC Presidents & AD's.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not how it works. UConn will be selling guarantee games to Alabama and LSU to get our heads bashed in, and the only home and homes we will get will be Idaho, New Mexico State and MAC teams.

One could reasonably argue that MAC teams would be an upgrade.

Reaction Score
I'd argue it's just switching lanes on that highway at this point.

CUSA/MWC teams get less than a million per school. The Big East will get between 5-8 Million per school at worst.

This is why the new schools out west aren't pulling up their tents and scampering back to the MWC.

Now that realignment is focused on lesser powers like Louisville, Rutgers and Maryland, college football is just that much more stratified.

You are going to have the Big 4, The ACC, then the Big East and then everything below that will be stratified as well.

The Big East is terrible an unappealing, but it's as if we still have a job and we are getting a paycheck. Going independent would basically be going unemployed by choice with no plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom