Can UConn Beat Team USA? | The Boneyard

Can UConn Beat Team USA?

Reaction Score
Team USA up 52-51 after three quarters. A good showing so far for the Huskies after trailing by 14 early.

Team USA won't want to drop a second game to college competition, so look for some more separation to avoid some more explanation following the game.

Reaction Score
Sure, if team USA is going to let them win they can, easily.
I don't think that Team USA is going to give it away. UConn will have to take it like Oregon did against Team USA last November.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Chilly shooting by team USA made the game interesting for a while, but they pulled away in Q4. UConn had no answer for Fowles. Plum turned the tide of the game. When she came in the teams were trading 1 point leads, she quickly put them up by 8.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Other than Bird, the UConn alums had a poor shooting peformance. Charles, Stewie and Samuleson combined 5-21.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Other than Bird, the UConn alums had a poor shooting peformance. Charles, Stewie and Samuleson combined 5-21.

Was hoping Lou would have hit some 3's. Could use some confidence. Her shots just barely missed however.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think maybe we can stop attaching significance to these exhibitions.

100%. Definitely felt like a game for the fans rather than anything you could take away from it. USA came out like gang busters and then looked pretty lousy until they pulled away late. Lots of sloppy play. Lobo said it best when she said USA was playing their C-level basketball.

UCONN competed though to their credit. Walker was impressive per usual and Makurat had some nice moments too. Honestly I thought the team looked best with ONO on the bench and Griffin in playing undersized. Similar to the Tennessee game.

Reaction Score
100%. Definitely felt like a game for the fans rather than anything you could take away from it. USA came out like gang busters and then looked pretty lousy until they pulled away late. Lots of sloppy play. Lobo said it best when she said USA was playing their C-level basketball.

UCONN competed though to their credit. Walker was impressive per usual and Makurat had some nice moments too. Honestly I thought the team looked best with ONO on the bench and Griffin in playing undersized. Similar to the Tennessee game.

There is no upside in team USA trying to annihilate college teams. It's a scrimmage and service to building the sport.

Nearly everyone who has played them has had a decent result.

Reaction Score
Team USA might attempt to put up a better showing against Louisville. In this game against Uconn it appeared it was played more with the intent of it being a Uconn alumni game. During the big second quarter Uconn comeback run by their reserves, team USA had 3 posts in the game despite the fact that Ono was on the bench. Uconn took advantage of Stewart, ( who as the most mobile of the posts, was guarding perimeter players), to get multiple open looks in a row. Stewie was not ready to play and I doubt if it was not being played at Uconn that she would have even attempted too.

I watched all five games and this one was by far the most exhibition like, and whether intended or not, the worst effort by team USA against all the college teams they played.

Reaction Score
I watched all five games and this one was by far the most exhibition like, and whether intended or not, the worst effort by team USA against all the college teams they played.
Even a worse effort than the game they lost to Oregon?

Louisville is gonna be an alumni game too since McCoughtry will be back, assuming she returns from playing in Europe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom