Can they get to 4-0, Then take the next big step ?

Discussion in 'UConn Hockey' started by Frozen tundra, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

After this weekends games. And how the team played. They should get passed Colgate and RIT right ?
    Not saying it would be the same type of wins. 6-0,4-0 but still beat them ? Still new to most of those teams from out East. And then they play Quinnipiac. Which should be the next big step for this team.

2. mac2351

mac2351

They definitely have a good chance to be. I would say Friday's game is the most winnable. Colgate lost a lot of talent off last year's team so they are young. Their goalie, Charlie Finn, is good though so he could steal a game. BU did beat them last weekend.

RIT is the favorite to make the NCAA tournament out of the Atlantic Hockey conference so UConn could lose on Saturday. In addition, RIT's only has one game this weekend so they will be rested for Saturday's game. They did blow a 5-1 lead to Robert Morris last weekend so they will be motivated.

Going into the Quinnipiac game 4-0 and coming out with a win would guarantee them being ranked in the national poll. It would also mean they would in all likelihood go into the Notre Dame series 6-0 after playing AIC on the 21st. I would love to see it.

3. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

What kind of record do they have against both of those teams Colgate & RIT.
    Have the games been close between these clubs ?

4. huskymedic

huskymedic

5. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

Thanks, so not a great record vs these teams. Hoping that will change this year.

6. dbmill

dbmill

It's hardly a surprise given that UConn just entered Hockey East and previous to that spent its Division 1 ice hockey time in Atlantic Hockey playing with no scholarship players. Because of this I doubt UConn would have a winning record against all that many Division 1 teams. Hopefully that will now begin to change now that they are now in Hockey East.

7. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

What's the best way to watch a road game ?

Thanks

8. huskymedic

huskymedic

FT - You have to do some homework for each game if not laid out here in an individual game series thread... start here: UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: UConn Men's Hockey Official Schedule :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site :: Ice Hockey

If not listed as "watch" there - then try the other team's site/schedule. For example -- Colgate here: 2016-17 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule - Colgate Athletics - it appears the UConn game is streaming on the Patriot League Network. (might be free).

The RIT game looks like it will cost you $10. RIT Athletics - 2016-17 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

More often than not... you'll always get audio for each game on UConn's WHUS radio/streaming site. You can go traditional website @ WHUS Radio. They also have an IPhone app.

What's your scoop... New student @ UConn? New UConn hockey fan? Stumbled across the Boneyard? Just curious.

9. dbmill

dbmill

Also, WTIC-AM is carrying 11 games, mostly from the XL Center, including this past Saturday against Alabama Huntsville. Some of those games that WTIC has WHUS might not broadcast. I don't believe WHUS did the Saturday game against Alabama Huntsville.

huskymedic likes this.
  10. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

Thanks for the info.
    New fan, have family member skating.

FDNY99 likes this.
  11. huskymedic

huskymedic

Welcome...

... ignore the craziness.

12. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

Thanks, every area has them.
    Makes for some great reading.

13. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

What's your connection with the team ?

14. huskymedic

huskymedic

Just a longtime UConn Sport's Fan/CT Resident. I prefer college sports over professional sports.

15. brasssbonanzaa

brasssbonanzaa

Campusinsiders.com (streams the patriot league network) will have the Colgate game online for free - I watched the BU-Colgate game last weekend on here, pretty decent especially for free.

IMind likes this.
  16. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

Thanks, I'll try that.

17. Frozen tundra

Frozen tundra New Member

Thanks Brassbonanzaa
    I liked free, the picture was great.
    Only saw them tie it up, take the lead, them tie it up.