Can NBC be the BE/ND network | The Boneyard

Can NBC be the BE/ND network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like a beneficial marriage for all involved. ND gets to keep it's lucrative NBC contract as long as they agree to play 4 or 5 BE teams each year. ND and Navy already play every year and the rest of the BE gets ND every few years. This shouldn't disrupt the traditional ND rivalries (Mich, Purdue, USC, Stanford, Mich St.). They may need to drop Pitt and BC from their schedule, but that shouldn't be a hold up as much as the ACC has screwed with the BE.

It would be an even split of home and away for ND, but where applicable the BE teams agree to play in larger stadiums (SMU in the Jerry Dome, Houston in the Texans stadium, Rutty in Meadowlands, UConn in Gillette, Cincy in Bengals Staduim ect...Boise and Air Force could even play in the Denver Bronco's stadium, and WVU could play in DC.

Reaction Score
Since the BE has helped ND in it's non-football sports, the least it can do is:
1. Help use it's rep to get a deal
2. Play 4 BE teams every year

Reaction Score
I agree that Comcast NBC will be thinking exactly like UConn Rock has opined. NBC is not building its NBC Sports brand for nothing. Watch how Comcast /NBC money forces ND's hand when all the smoke has cleared.

Reaction Score
I wish ND would just go away. I am a season ticket holder and I will not travel to see us play ND. Play at the Rent or not at all.

Reaction Score
The only conference around who could offer ND an adventageous TV deal if they joined is the BE. ND, Navy, Temple, and UCF would be an awesome Eastern FB Conference with AQ status (given what's left to work with). Let ND keep its NBC deal in some form and get it done. I like a 10 team Eastern conference, UConn FB would florish.

Bar that I hope Mizzu goes SEC, forcing UL, WVU, and Cincy to Big 12, causing the end of BE football. ND and UConn go ACC and all is well, although I hate the ACC a division of Cuse, BCU, UConn, Maryland, ND, Pitt, UVA, and VaTech would work.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I always thought the NBC deal should have been, ND keeps its home game rights, the BE gets its road games. The BE agrees to.an 8 game conference schedule that allows ND to play Michigan, USC, Navy, every year and rotate Stanford, MSU and Purdue.

That's fair to the BE and acknowledges N's market value to the conference.

Anyone think that would have kept Syracuse, Pitt, BC, and Miami around?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think if the BE gets Boise, the academies, SMU and Houston, Comcast/NBC will offer a very lucrative contract to the BE and still want ND to be independent in football.

In fact they might offer the BE a great contract because the BE's stability reduces the likelihood that ND will be driven into an ESPN conference for all sports if the BE implodes. It would be funny that after all these years, ND's independence in football and its cozy relationship with NBC could pay dividends for the BE.

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for. If the Big East implodes, the ACC might take Rutgers and Notre Dame. It will require a battle within the ACC to get UCONN in. Rutgers / Notre Dame might be easier ticket to get everyone within the ACC to agree on. Also, Rutgers picked a good time to have a good year in football while UCONN is very weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom