Can I post about Kansas now!? | The Boneyard

Can I post about Kansas now!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
For the love of mojo, I have resisted. Alright, so how do we match-up?

Kansas is the best all-around team and the most consistent team in the toughest conference in the all of America. So yeah, they're pretty damn good. In an inconsistent year of college basketball, Kansas has been the only consistently GREAT team.

From 1-5? I will admit, I think we match up somewhat okay versus Kansas considering their talent and depth:

Guard play-
Kansas can go 2 deep at PG with great bench depth, but so can we. Guess where Wayne Selden is from? Would you have guessed Roxbury, MA? What are they putting in the water in that town to make the best guards in America?? It should be fun to watch the Jalen/Selden Roxbury battle, although I think Purvis will be put on Selden. Kansas is better from 3 than we are, but if you're going to consider Daniel Hamilton a guard, then across the board (talent, athleticism, and depth) this match-up is even in my mind.

Frontcourt-
Perry Ellis, similarly to Smith today, is probably 90 years old. But that old man game is strong. Josh Smith and Perry Ellis have very similar games. But Ellis is a bit better and he's got a much better team around him. I do think UConn's front court will benefit from playing vs Smith today. Even though Smith destroyed us down low, he got some help from the officials and I think our bigs will learn from that and adapt defensively. Plus, we can't get a tougher whistle than we got today vs Ellis, can we?

What has to happen for UConn to win?-
Shonn Miller has to stay out of foul trouble... he is the KEY to this team (offensively and defensively). If Shonn stays on the floor, we give ourselves a significantly better shot at winning.

X-factor-
UConn getting a solid defensive performance from Nolan vs Ellis like we got from him today vs Smith.

Overall, I STILL don't think UConn has reached its ceiling... so if we see it, this team can compete with any team in the country on any given day. As much as UConn has terrified me with it's inability to defend late leads in close games, our tremendous free throws shooting makes me feel a bit better.

So, thoughts?

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We might as well just give up. This is the best team in the tournament. Doomed.

Reaction Score
Kansas is WAY too strong for us. We have no chance and will go down as the charlatans we are. We have no business being on the same court with them.

Reaction Score
Getting contributions from everyone. All hands on deck .

I've been focusing in on the Gibbs vs Mason matchup . Mason is not on the same level as caupain or even nic Moore, so I'm hoping Gibbs finds success on both ends. He is such a good catch n shoot guy KO can run numerous actions to get him open threes...drill em Saturday sterling.

Ellis is impressive , but mark my words he will struggle vs length. I'm even confident Hamilton can guard him for stretches (he did take Scott today for many possessions and fronted decently).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I decided to spend a few minutes reading their board and found some potential (inadvertent on their part) mojo:

They have a thread titled 'Fighting Dooleys vs #1 seed'.

They have no clue what that means to us (check the CR forums for Dooley's work there) butit has to play inopur favor.

Also, somehow it's insulting to their three titles that a school with four is called a blue blood by some.

Reaction Score
I decided to spend a few minutes reading their board and found some potential (inadvertent on their part) mojo:

They have no clue what that means to us (check the CR forums for Dooley's work there) butit has to play inopur favor.

Also, somehow it's insulting to their three titles that a school with four is called a blue blood by some.
But cmon man we were crap 70 years ago so we're still irrelevant.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Self on uconn

I'm guessing he's referring to the hard hedges on pick n rolls.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

They're referring to Joe Dooley, coach of FGCU taking on Roy and UNC.

Reaction Score
No way we win. We get killed by ummmmmmmmmm 23 and the game will be over before it even starts. The only way to recap the season is ------- going out to eat.

Huskymania is dead !!!!! The dog gets eaten by a jayhawk !!!!!

Reaction Score
KU hasn't lost since Jan. 25th....until Saturday (let's hope)

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
They're referring to Joe Dooley, coach of FGCU taking on Roy and UNC.
I know that. It's just a happy (mojo) coincidence for us.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
No way we win. We get killed by ummmmmmmmmm 23 and the game will be over before it even starts. The only way to recap the season is ------- going out to eat.

Huskymania is dead !!!!! The dog gets eaten by a jayhawk !!!!!
It's about damned time you reared your head and posted something obnoxious!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
UConn better start packing their bags to go home now. That way they can spare themselves the agony of packing after the loss. So yeah, their game plan should be to pack their bags as fast as possible.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Remember in 2014 when Florida was on a long winning streak? Not sure about the OP's comment that we can go two deep at point. I've never considered Gibbs a point guard because of his lack of handle and inability to beat defenders off the dribble. I will say though, that overall, our guard combination is better than Kansas'. They are stronger inside and are a bit more balanced. Plus they will have the home crowd so it will be a road game for us.

Reaction Score
The Mojo for this is very simple. The folks in Iowa will get to see the team that has been the best team in January and February over the last two decades play the team that has been the best team in March over that period. Anyone know what the date is?

Notwithstanding that, we're obviously doomed

Reaction Score
Kansas hasn't lost a game in a long time. I'm hoping they are a little tight but that's unlikely. They shoot a high percentage. UConn has to play good defense and make Kansas work for their looks. No easy baskets. UConn can't let Ellis kill them. He will get his anyway, just don't let him go off. Hopefully we can create some turnovers with our guards for some transition baskets. Selden may be the key. If we can keep Selden from having a strong game we have a chance. In their very few losses they shot 42% or under 3 of 4 times. If we can hold them to 40% shooting we should be able to stay with them. UConn needs to be in the game with 10 minutes left and put pressure on them. We also can't have 4 points in the first 4 minutes. We need to score early and keep pace and not get far behind or it is over. We also need to get to the free throw line where we excel and maybe we can get some of their players in some foul trouble to keep things interesting late. That said....dooooomed.
Edit: Also we need to share the ball better than we did today. We only had 8 assists I think today. I'd like to see us have 14 or 15 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom