Can anybody here translate Swedish? | The Boneyard

Can anybody here translate Swedish?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Something about a possible new very tall recruit "Ivana Stepova'. Not sure which class or how tall though. :D

Reaction Score
When the Auriemma family in 1961 left the American boat after traveling from Italy, it was like many others. You were looking for a better life. The family came from the southern Italian town of Montella, where they lived under fairly pervasive conditions. Of course, no one could imagine that Luigi, who was seven years old when the family arrived in Pennsylvania, would achieve icon status in the new home country. And that he would do it within the ladies basket was probably not in the mind world. As an Italian, the family's sports interests restricted to football, but for Luigi, who later became Geno, there was no football team near the new home, so he started baseball. That he entered basketball, and specifically dambasket, was almost coincidentally as if he had stumbled on a banana ball.

At high school, Geno began playing basketball and when he was asked by a friend to be a coach of the ninth grade class, he was set up and became quite fast. Among other things, because of his surprise, he discovered that the players listened to him when he spoke to them. Through the first "real" coach job, assistant at the University of Virginia, he got -81, he landed as head coach in UConn and the school's team four years later. The rest is basketball history and none of what happened after that day can be likened to coincidences. Instead, it has been 32 years of consistent and goal-oriented work that made him, with UConn, building a dynasty that is unmatched in the college bazaar.

Auriemma and UConn have sailed for a successful wave of less than 30, and he himself has a life that many ways are unworthy of. He is an indisputable ruler in America's most respected basketball team and has also become an extremely wealthy man so far from the miserable conditions of Montella that one can only imagine. And maybe he will soon check out the position he built on UConn. But first he has a lot to do.

Last fall, he agreed with his employer to extend the contract as a five-year head coach at UConn, ie until 2021. The agreement guarantees him $ 13 million in salary during the contract period. That's equivalent to about SEK 113 million and is of course more than any other ladies coach at college earns. After the contract period, he is guaranteed $ 400,000 a year for five years if he stays in UConns organization. All of this clearly shows what value management puts on his services. And of course there are other fringes in the new agreement, such as cars, tickets for all sports that UConn participates in and family membership in a well-renowned golf club.

Geno Auriemma also has other iron in the fire, next to the basketball. Based on his Italian heritage, he markets a line of wines and one with pasta sauces, and is about to build a restaurant chain. Currently, there are two independent restaurants called Geno's Grille and four units at a resort called Mohegan Sun.

None of this would have been possible if he had not been awarded the head coach at UConn in 1985, because there were a lot of more qualified applicants for the job. And it would not have been if he had not managed to build his outstanding program at school. When I met Auriemma during Bartonclinic, I asked about the story that when he wrote for UConn was really true, that is, he took the job without even seeing the school or facilities.
- Yes, it's true. I instinctively felt that it was right, so I signed the contract, which was just a piece of paper, during a meeting at Dunkin'Donuts, Auriemma told me.

When he later set foot on UConn for the first time, he discovered that there was no dressing room for the girls and that the ceiling in the hall leaked like a sieve, to the slight extent that it made it impossible for training. But Auriemma did not let down. Everything could only be better and it became undeniable.

It is understood that 31-year-old Auriemma did not hesitate when he got the chance at UConn. Not only because it was a head coach job at a major university. When he came to school, UConn had only experienced a season when they won more matches than they lost. And everybody knows that in some sense it is easier to get a task where there is only one way to take, the one who is carrying up. Auriemama's first season also went on minus, 12-15, but also became the only since then. Seasonal season improved the team's table position and -89, they broke into the NCAA final for the first time. The first national title won in 1991 and after that it has become another ten, more than any other collegecoach, inklsuive John Wooden, with.

An obvious question to Auriemma was, of course, how just he and UConn succeeded with what everyone seeks. How did it happen?
"It took time, but we set up a program that we believed in and became better and better. We initially tried to create a winning culture and put pressure on ourselves to win matches. The first few years we succeeded
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite Translator
About Google TranslateCommunityMobileAbout Goo

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
524d7bdaf4f97ef74443b5cd7acc2f5b8cedfcf93d286df1c49454de99b6ba83.jpg

I think Geno's cookin' up something new... although I'm not sure if it's for the court, or his business ventures...

Reaction Score
I think the translation is wonderful as it is. It seems appropriate for an article based in his immigrant heritage to show glimpse of such human effort at communication that isn't quite correct but easily understood with some effort on the readers part

Reaction Score
It comes out the same in Google translate. And so (above in both Google Business and Google Translate):
Auriemma och UConn har seglat på en framgångsvåg under 30 och själv har han en tillvaro som många sätt är avunsvärd.

came out as
Auriemma and UConn have sailed for a successful wave of less than 30, and he himself has a life that many ways are unworthy of.

Not sure that is what the author of the article really intended. :)

When Google Translate first came out, I would take a famous phrase, such as "In the beginning was the Word" in New Testament Greek, run it through Translate to English, back to New Testament Greek and then back to English a couple of times. A few iterations would produce something really funny.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno does a lot of clinics and many are geared to male college basketball coaches. I would guess are other coaching participants as well at these events, but Geno packs them in.

Here's one of dozens:

SRO huh!

Reaction Score
When Google Translate first came out, I would take a famous phrase, such as "In the beginning was the Word" in New Testament Greek, run it through Translate to English, back to New Testament Greek and then back to English a couple of times. A few iterations would produce something really funny.

Google Translate is much much better than the translate function on Facebook.

Reaction Score
If use the Chrome browser it automatically asks you if you want the text translated. Very easy.

I also used the Chrome browser, as I read the translation the following made me laugh; (Bold)

"Last fall, he agreed with his employer to extend the contract as head coach at UConn by five years, ie until 2021. The contract guarantees him 13 million US dollars in salary during the term of the agreement. This corresponds to about 113 million Swedish crowns and, of course, more than any other damcoach college serves. After the contract period, he guaranteed 400,000 dollars a year for five years if he stays in UConns organization. All this shows clearly the value that management puts on his services. And there are of course other perks of the new agreement, such as a car, tickets to all sports UConn participate in family and membership in a golf club välrennomerad."

Hey, I just copy and paste them as I see them! :rolleyes:

One other thing, maybe it got lost in translation, the first national championship was in 1991?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom