Can’t stay silent any more | The Boneyard

Can’t stay silent any more

Reaction Score
Greetings Yarders, first time poster here. I want to start by thanking all of you for keeping my passion for UConn basketball alive through this dreadful stretch. I’ve literally read thousands of your posts over the years (BTW, Chief is a genius – or maybe he’s not) and after this latest embarrassment I’m feeling the need to stick my toes in these rowdy, lovable waters.

Truth is, I didn’t see the game last night because I don’t get whatever channel aired it – I think it has a trace of CBS DNA in it, but whatever. (File under “casual fan” for not knowing.) But did I really need to? Wasn’t it just a rerun of a game we’ve seen this team play before?

Not sure I have a point other than to remind everyone that you can’t get blood from a stone. We all know where the issues lie and so do our opponents. Let me be the 1,489thposter to remind you that they’re just kids. They deserve to be bashed for getting outhustled. But ripping into them because of their natural abilities, or lack thereof, doesn’t help. But a good coach who can recruit sure does. And we’ve got that. Be patient, my friends. We will be learning how to win sooner than you think

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1546538687141.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ripping what people post about a game you didn’t watch.... you’ll fit in great.

For your second post I’d recommend comments on attendance and how the crowd acts from 1500 miles away.

Reaction Score
Greetings Yarders, first time poster here. I want to start by thanking all of you for keeping my passion for UConn basketball alive through this dreadful stretch. I’ve literally read thousands of your posts over the years (BTW, Chief is a genius – or maybe he’s not) and after this latest embarrassment I’m feeling the need to stick my toes in these rowdy, lovable waters.

Truth is, I didn’t see the game last night because I don’t get whatever channel aired it – I think it has a trace of CBS DNA in it, but whatever. (File under “casual fan” for not knowing.) But did I really need to? Wasn’t it just a rerun of a game we’ve seen this team play before?

Not sure I have a point other than to remind everyone that you can’t get blood from a stone. We all know where the issues lie and so do our opponents. Let me be the 1,489thposter to remind you that they’re just kids. They deserve to be bashed for getting outhustled. But ripping into them because of their natural abilities, or lack thereof, doesn’t help. But a good coach who can recruit sure does. And we’ve got that. Be patient, my friends. We will be learning how to win sooner than you think
Must be a troll. Too optimistic.

Reaction Score
The OP does have a point which is that these kids should not be ripped for their ability to play basketball, they can only do what they can do. I still think that they go out there with effort and desire to win every game and when they come up short it shouldn’t be a blameathon. That said we all know what we have seen this season and it ain’t pretty.

Reaction Score

Welcome friend. Im a bit baffled by some of the stuff im reading on this forum this season. What were people expecting? 25 wins and a high seed in the tourney? I kid of course but im not at all disappointed in this season because it pretty much what I expected. This team lacks talent and simply cannot beat good teams just in the AAC. Im watching this season to get a feel for DH as a coach and look forward to the future. I have no expectations of this team competing for any thing this season. Unfortunately the lack of effort at times from some players is not surprising at all. This program will start to turn when all the reminents of the KO administration are gone and DH gets his guys in here.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score

"I know the BY is all about arm chair coaching... but there is way too much arm chair coaching going on here. You can't get blood from a stone." My post from another thread yesterday. Good to see that there are some other rationale BYers out there. Chief has been steadily saying it all along.... recruiting is the key. Your post is nicely done!

Reaction Score
"I know the BY is all about arm chair coaching... but there is way too much arm chair coaching going on here. You can't get blood from a stone." My post from another thread yesterday. Good to see that there are some other rationale BYers out there. Chief has been steadily saying it all along.... recruiting is the key. Your post is nicely done!

Diamond Stone?

Reaction Score
Only on the BY does someone say... "I didn't watch the game" and then continues to give their opinion.
One small problem, I didn't share my opinion on that game. I was merely pointing out that people were posting the same old complaints about this team and ripping into our players for things that are out of their control. As if that's going to motivate Carlton to suddenly add 12 inches to his vertical.

Look, we're all frustrated by the losses but the best we can do is support our team and hope for improvement. At this point, I'd be far more concerned about a lack of effort than a lack of talent. I may not have seen that one game but I've watched enough UConn basketball to know that this team is showing more fire than they did the last few years. It may not feel like it, but I do think we're heading in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Thanks Zepfan, I'm one of those old school UConn fans who couldn't believe they won their first championship, never mind winning four. Bottom line is we're spoiled, but I absolutely believe we'll be relevant again very soon. Go Dawgs!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom