Can’t name a better commercial | The Boneyard

Can’t name a better commercial

Reaction Score
Oh, the commercials during march madness are just awful, cringe worthy really. They are pumping millions into this and.....well, you see the results. How can they be that bad? BUT I suppose the commercial before a big win will be remembered. forever I guess that is what these companies are getting at. "We play our god awful commercials before your teams big win" and hope enough people are impacted AND that the commercials play at the right time. Would like to see less of the propaganda, as my wife calls it, and more game and replays...But thanks for that, that was nice!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh, the commercials during march madness are just awful, cringe worthy really. They are pumping millions into this and.....well, you see the results. How can they be that bad? BUT I suppose the commercial before a big win will be remembered. forever I guess that is what these companies are getting at. "We play our god awful commercials before your teams big win" and hope enough people are impacted AND that the commercials play at the right time. Would like to see less of the propaganda, as my wife calls it, and more game and replays...But thanks for that, that was nice!

The networks need to claw back the revenue they lose from people who steal the content.

Imagine stealing the content and complaining there are commericals to pay the rights fees.

Reaction Score
The networks need to claw back the revenue they lose from people who steal the content.

Imagine stealing the content and complaining there are commericals to pay the rights fees.
Ok, great.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I love the Geico lizard on the counter talking to the waitress:

GEICO lizard: "How can I get some pie?"

Waitress: "PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cook: "PIE COMIN"!!"

Gets me every time.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I love the Geico lizard on the counter talking to the waitress:

GEICO lizard: "How can I get some pie?"

Waitress: "PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cook: "PIE COMIN"!!"

Gets me every time.
never heard of it, but 9m views says ur onto something here. made us laugh.

Reaction Score
sounds like you just landed from some other planet and are seeing commercials for the first time? propaganda? good lord...

How can you be a Uconn fan and not love these commercials?

Reaction Score
propaganda? good lord...

How can you be a Uconn fan and not love these commercials?
Propaganda? I did not say that. My wife did, she is a non native speaker who speaks four languages. Granted she has a C2 level, majored in English at one of the best Universities in Latin America, has a masters in business, is a CEO of a business where she is in touch with English speakers and has a better understanding of the rules and intricacies of English grammar than many native speakers BUT she still holds onto the occasional idiosyncrasies when she speaks English, such as the above. I find it endearing and funny, actually. Maybe you would have had to be there and then you would understand the context, but when she said it, it was super funny. I had to tell her "they are called commercials." But there is some truth in her mistake, that can't be denied.

Anyway, I digress. No offense but I thought you had to be from another planet to like commercials. I always figured most people skip them, mute them or go to the kitchen when they appear. I mean, yah, 1 in 100 are funny or interesting, but most are just..ugh. If I can tie it in with a major Uconn win, sure, that specific one will be cool too but generally I am too nervous during a tense Uconn game in March to even pay attention/remember them. Otherwise, mute/food/bathroom break.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Propaganda? I did not say that. My wife did, she is a non native speaker who speaks four languages. Granted she has a C2 level, majored in English at one of the best Universities in Latin America, has a masters in business, is a CEO of a business where she is in touch with English speakers and has a better understanding of the rules and intricacies of English grammar than many native speakers BUT she still holds onto the occasional idiosyncrasies when she speaks English, such as the above. I find it endearing and funny, actually. Maybe you would have had to be there and then you would understand the context, but when she said it, it was super funny. I had to tell her "they are called commercials." But there is some truth in her mistake, that can't be denied.

Anyway, I digress. No offense but I thought you had to be from another planet to like commercials. I always figured most people skip them, mute them or go to the kitchen when they appear. I mean, yah, 1 in 100 are funny or interesting, but most are just..ugh. If I can tie it in with a major Uconn win, sure, that specific one will be cool too but generally I am too nervous during a tense Uconn game in March to even pay attention/remember them. Otherwise, mute/food/bathroom break.

Lighten up Francis...

Your 'digression' gave me your wife's entire resume.

Reaction Score

I agree with your wife.

Reaction Score

Wish I had skipped reading this commercial/ post

Reaction Score

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 15

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads