Campus Bookstore Renovations Aim To Create "Social Hub" | The Boneyard

Campus Bookstore Renovations Aim To Create "Social Hub"

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
http://today.uconn.edu/2017/06/campus-bookstore-renovations-aim-create-social-hub/

The most dramatic transformation students will notice when they return to Storrs this fall will not be among the many building construction projects making progress throughout the summer of 2017. It will be the renovations to the 45,000 square-foot UConn Bookstore in the center of campus.

In addition to a new entrance from the outdoor seating area along Hillside Road and a full-service Starbucks café, the UConn Bookstore will feature a comfortable public seating area of 3,000 square feet on the second floor overlooking Gampel Pavilion and the future site of the new Student Recreation Center, accessible directly via a new stairway.

Len Oser, general manager of The UConn Bookstores, says the changes – at a cost of $3 million, to be paid for by Barnes & Noble – aim to make the bookstore a gathering place for students, faculty, alumni, and visitors.

“We want this to be a much more exciting and engaging social hub,” says Oser. “It will be a place you’ll want to come to not just before a basketball game, but to have a cup of coffee or meet a friend. It will be a world-class bookstore with all the amenities, and be a great place to hang out, meet friends, and do some work.”

Some really cool renderings and pics in the article too. Can't wait to get back to campus eventually and check it out.

Background info: https://the-boneyard.com/threads/uc...ld-be-replaced-by-national-corporation.84403/

Reaction Score
This looks really cool, when I was on campus from 2003-2007, all we had was Bookworms and the Dunkin Donuts that no one hung out at. Pretty cool that it overlooks Gampel too.

Reaction Score
This looks really cool, when I was on campus from 2003-2007, all we had was Bookworms and the Dunkin Donuts that no one hung out at. Pretty cool that it overlooks Gampel too.

Anyone know if Bookworms is still around? College me thought it was pretty awesome

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Anyone know if Bookworms is still around? College me thought it was pretty awesome
Not sure what it would mean for Bookworms. I graduated in 2015 and it was still as popular as ever but I don't know with the B&N buyout. I believe the B&N stuff is limited to the Bookstore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom